GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Red GTI badges?

benowid

Does anyone on here know how to get red GTI badges? I have seen them on a few cars in photos but I am not sure when and where they are spec'd.

benowid

PP cars made after a certain time in Europe have red GTI.
I have ordered a PP but am not sure how it will come. Dealer did not know this info yet. Any PP buyers in USA have their cars yet?
So two ways to get, order PP and get OE red GTI or order after market and pretend you have PP. Sorry SHFT;)
I have the PP ordered in the US as well. It will not start being produced until january. I am curious to see how they come as well.

benowid

That is true SHFT.
I had to post it. It was like a softball coming in.

benowid, where did you get January production? When I ordered in mid October it was a 3 month build and delivery. Which would be build in late December and deliver in January.
I was told by the dealer they would start building them in January. I ordered mine on November 5th, and I still have not received a build date. Have you received a build date sandman?

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
If I remember correctly German GTI with Performance pack came with the red badges from mid or late 2013 on.
I have been a trendsetter. :D I already did put a red GTI badge (from the US Mk.IV anniversary GTI) on my Mk.V
GTI in early 2008.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
No build date

I was told by the dealer they would start building them in January. I ordered mine on November 5th, and I still have not received a build date. Have you received a build date sandman?

Unlike other countries, I have found VWoA does not give out much info on orders. We can not track status of builds. I do not know if they just do not want to spend $ on this or if our market is to large to track affectively. My sales
Person is pretty good but it seem like she is not provided much detail on order. I feel a little left out not being able to watch progress when I made the effort to special order a car. I think VWoA is missing out on building customer loyalty.