GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replace VW emblem on steering wheel?

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Lets just say my fist happened to hit the VW emblem on my steering wheel and dented it. Is it possible to remove/replace it? I haven't tried to pry it off yet but assume it's just held on with adhesive.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Thanks - seemed too obscure for the search to help with - shows me.

So it doesn't look like anyone has actually been able to remove the emblem and replace it. Everyone is talking about a sticker on top. I have a dent so a sticker isn't going to cut it. It also sounds like it is rivited in place but someone else suggested prying it off with a small flat head.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
you can pry the emblem of, but you have to be careful as you may dent the actual airbag part (I have a small dent on mine from doing this). The best method of repair is the cover. It will cover the dent as it sits ontop of the current emblem. Also, you may want to use better adhesive if you decide to go with the "stick-on" emblem. The stuff it comes with isnt very sticky

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Is the stick on actually a metal done like the original? I contacted the ebay seller and they said the stock emblem they have listed won't fit an MKV GTI.