GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

rev counter off, red oil light flashing!

iainq

Golf MKV 1.9 TDI 2006 55000 miles. Recently bought this car and had no problems for the first month.
Then I had red flashing oil light, flashing coil and solid 'skidding car' with message "STOP, oil pressure, engine off, owners manual". The rev counter also stops working.
I stopped and checked oil level etc, all fine, and when i started the engine again there were no warnings. I drove on as the engine sounded fine but 10 miles down the road the same thing happened. This time I called rescue people and they towed me home.
The car has been in the garage and they found the following fault codes: 005660, 000802. They couldn't decide what the issue was, service the car (it was overdue) and said the car would be fine to drive.
I drove the car home from the garage with no problems. However when I drove to work the following day I experienced the same problem. I have also seen the engine warning light come on and the message "emmisions garage". Does anyone recognise this behaviour?
I have driven this car for 10-15 miles with the warning light on and rev counter off (i know), the engine sounded 100% but the turbo might not have been functioning, i drove very steady. Again, when I restarted the engine all the warnings has gone and the car drove as new for a couple of miles.
Any ideas? Many thanks for reading...

mrlapou

Ready to race!
Poor electrical connection somewhere.