GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RNS-315 China version?

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
I know this has been cover many times before.. but thats for the RCD-510...
I'm not sure if this is new or anything... but I was bored at work and found this at buychina....then I did a bit of research and found nothing...
I know the headunit is from china VW and I will lose some functions like radio frequency, MDI interface... but the price is not too bad plus the larger screen.... so the question is can I buy this and put US map in it?

http://www.buychina.com/items/genuine-original-rns315-510-navigation-tiguan-new-golf-6-new-passat-magotan-sagitar-latest-13-years-spuqnqrqmjk

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Don't know if that one works but i have the China EONON GM5153 and it works great for the price...8" screen, full GPS included red light camera warning and have not had any major issues. Reception on radio is a little worse than stock, but overall VERY happy

Ahh i know the EONON works great, but I want the OEM stuff lol.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
that screen shot of the unit powered up, doesn't look like something vw would have designed....... im just saying it looks strange.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
that screen shot of the unit powered up, doesn't look like something vw would have designed....... im just saying it looks strange.

Yea, the unit you are looking at is (fake) RNS-510, not 315. The 315 has a smaller (3.5") screen, the one you have pictures is a bigger (5.5") screen like the RCD/RNS-510's have.

Although, the screen shots show an interface like the RNS-315 has, but on a unit that looks like an RNS-510. Either way, it's not OEM. The 315 and 510 are made by two different companies, and have 2 different screen layouts.

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Yea, the unit you are looking at is (fake) RNS-510, not 315. The 315 has a smaller (3.5") screen, the one you have pictures is a bigger (5.5") screen like the RCD/RNS-510's have.

Although, the screen shots show an interface like the RNS-315 has, but on a unit that looks like an RNS-510. Either way, it's not OEM. The 315 and 510 are made by two different companies, and have 2 different screen layouts.
I know the difference between 510 and 315... but it seems legit...
BTW this unit is by Bosch too.
take a good at the picture in the link, this is from VW china...

http://www.vw.com.cn/en/models/newbora/Gallery.html#/flash=adc48d0a11c61a902e88c80e51a3b93d@mediaLists_medialist_0_mediaItems_medialist_mediaitem_5

and here is a chinese review of VW Bora...

http://news.cheshi.com/20121213/786432_2.shtml

ust trying to give everyone another alternative...I dont mind being a guinea pig, but I just want to know if someone has ever bought a foreign OEM headunit and put US map in it... if it works I can give it a try..

Last edited:

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
theunholy: did you end up buying it? :)

No I didnt gut up and buy it. because I used the money to add a sway bar and change the springs to DG springs lol
Also since I still have no idea if I can install US map or not, buying this is just wasting money. If I know I can install US map into other countries RNS units, I would buy it already.