GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rns 510 to samsung s21?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Can I play Spotify on my rns510 from my Samsung s21? What cable would I need many thanks
You can stream it on Bluetooth. If you want it on your display you'll want RCD330 or similar, or an aftermarket unit

Turbosharef

Go Kart Newbie
RNS510 definitely has Bluetooth capabilities, now whether or not everything is still connected or working is another story. If you have a mk6 golf/gti/r the bluetooth module should be under the passenger seat under a foam tray looking box.

There are 2 versions depending on your year. 9w2 I believe is the old style one, which doesn't display the song name or allow to skip songs just allows you to change the volume, but bluetooth streaming and phone calls still work, you can use the steering wheel controls to pickup/hangup and mute. The newer version is 9w7 which displays the song name and allows you to hit next track from the steering wheel and I think it shows additional info in the MFI as well for phone calls

K011L

RNS510 definitely has Bluetooth capabilities, now whether or not everything is still connected or working is another story. If you have a mk6 golf/gti/r the bluetooth module should be under the passenger seat under a foam tray looking box.

There are 2 versions depending on your year. 9w2 I believe is the old style one, which doesn't display the song name or allow to skip songs just allows you to change the volume, but bluetooth streaming and phone calls still work, you can use the steering wheel controls to pickup/hangup and mute. The newer version is 9w7 which displays the song name and allows you to hit next track from the steering wheel and I think it shows additional info in the MFI as well for phone calls
Is there a way to change it to the new year (9w7), cuz mine only allows me to change the volume as you said for 9w2.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Is there a way to change it to the new year (9w7), cuz mine only allows me to change the volume as you said for 9w2.
That's a whole new module. Part number 5K0035730E is one option but there are a few per my research. Look around and in sure you can find one on eBay

K011L

That's a whole new module. Part number 5K0035730E is one option but there are a few per my research. Look around and in sure you can find one on eBay
How did you manage to find the part number? Any usefull sites that i should know. Also if i change the whole OEM, will i still have a nonworking steering wheel controls?