GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RSMark5's S13 build

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
So, normally after I come back from shows I have plenty of new ideas. Well, work might have to slow down on the MKV because theres a new horse in my stable.

Found a car on craigslist talked to the guy about it. He was like 2 hours and some change away but I went to take a look at it with the truck and trailer ready. On the way he sent me a few pictures. This is what I got.

Undaunted by the ricey body kit, the black spray paint down the drivers side, and the potential damage to the rear quarter I bought it anyway

This is how it looked when we dropped off at my house last night. Less than 24 hours after returning from SoWo.

So it was late when we got home. It was a 6 hour trip to pick this beater up. Yes it has its damage, but don't worry it'll be clean and fast when its done.

So yeah I know the lower rad support is effed, the carpets are trashed, but its just a shell. Its got the KA24DE in it thats recently had the head in the machine shop, fresh timing chain and tensioner, new gaskets. The guy just didn't put it back together and had to ditch the car for personal reasons.

I'm looking at putting an SR20 or RB25 in it and going BT. I'm tired of dumping my money into my MKV. Its fun, and has been a good ride but I just feel its time to move on to the next project. I've never been able to have a dedicated project car, but now that I've graduated college and my parents are letting me keep it in their garage now is the perfect time while I search for a job. RWD FTW. I'm looking to making nothing less than 400+whp. Anything else is not an option. Its never going to be a daily so practicality is not a problem. I'll always have vw's, my MKV isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I plan on bringing the euro flavor into my build. Check in periodically and see what I'm up to over here. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
I'll be updating a bunch this week. Lots of work is going on right now. I have the ricey body kit off, going to get some of these problem body spots a once over and primed. Then I'm going to go ahead and get the interior out and start sourcing some seats (sparco, bride, something somewhat comfortable). I have the parts on the way to make the KA run again except for a valve cover. It's going to be a long build that happens in spurts of lots of things at one time.

mlowmk5

nothing rhymes w/ orange
I've built up a few of those with my friends. Those are super fun cars. Keep us updated with your upgrades and repairs.

argue53

Go Kart Champion
rly sweet, best of luck w the build.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the love everyone. I'll will be keeping the same high standards as I do for everything. I'm still doing everything myself in the parents garage with little to no tools. Thats the way I roll. No bags or RS's on this one. This one is just going to be a pretty angry car if things go as expected. I'd hate to ruin a set of RS's throwing this thing into a wall/ditch some where. I need to do the 5 lug conversion and then probably some rota's. Yes thats right, the wheel whore will be buying rotas.