GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

s2+ vs 2.5l

Car(s)
Subaru
so getting off mexican parkway onto road in mexico, a bunch of people were behind a van taking the on ramp at 25mph :mad:. during the turn, i noticed a black rabbit with wheels... he mods :biggrin:... so im thinking, maybe its turboed too and he will race.

so he was i think 2 cars ahead of me (not a reference of distance, just actual cars) when we hit 125 and i see him shoot of the 25mph crawl and into the fast lane, so i follow. the fast lane was empty and the slow lane maybe had one car up ahead. i took off in the wrong gear, 3rd but i still closed the gap fast and then short shifted into 4th and just stayed 3/4 pedal till we let off at about 70mph.

i dont like to change lanes to pass cause i cant see around that car good enough to make a safe pass. the guy ended up changing lanes to take an exit anyways. he rolled down his window and gave a thumbs up... i didnt roll down my window cause it was cold out but i gave thumbs up too. glad i got one race in cause driving from cinicnnati to mexico is a long drive for one race :thumbsup:

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
Sounded like you had fun! Thats all that matters.

Ony

Ready to race!
my head hurts from trying to read what you wrote...

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
my head hurts from trying to read what you wrote...

Stories usually have words in them, hate to say it.

Maybe books on tape are more your speed. :thumbsup:

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
Obviously you people can't read. I thought it made perfect sense.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I'd prefer if you described your next street race using interpretive dance.

Ony

Ready to race!
Nvm, it makes sense. I wouldnt say PERFECT sense but, yeah.

So why is Mexico used as a destination to justify street racing? Its like the "in" thing to say huh

Ony

Ready to race!

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Nvm, it makes sense. I wouldnt say PERFECT sense but, yeah.

So why is Mexico used as a destination to justify street racing? Its like the "in" thing to say huh

I think this is to avoid having U.S. law enforcement look too deeply into activities that would be illegal if they occurred north of the boarder. AFAIK it started with youtube videos that had the disclaimer "Filmed on a closed course in Mexico" and that has sort of become an inside joke with people who post about street races: even if they live nowhere near Mexico, they always manage to scoot across the border for a few quick pulls...

Car(s)
Subaru
I think this is to avoid having U.S. law enforcement look too deeply into activities that would be illegal if they occurred north of the boarder. AFAIK it started with youtube videos that had the disclaimer "Filmed on a closed course in Mexico" and that has sort of become an inside joke with people who post about street races: even if they live nowhere near Mexico, they always manage to scoot across the border for a few quick pulls...

Haha, pretty much. It only took an 1/8 a tank to get there too

Sent from my iPhone