GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE Formula One Thread

hans611

Lost
Wow Alonso was robbed.... Went from "does serving the penalty during SC count?" to "Okay then we will get 5s ahead just in case" to "Actually, who cares if it counted or not, we will hand you a 10s for touching the car when you attempted to serve it"

WTF? They should stop handing out pentalties post race, its ridiculous

fuck max verstappen lmao

Did he do something wrong......? Its annoying when they are too good.... In the post race interview he was saying how he was chipping away Perez's lead (which he was) but then got nervous with vibrations so he just "settled" for 2nd lol I actually believe him....

also i cant exactly describe why but george russell looks like he berates wait staff

I once heard a comment like this, as to why he gets some much hate, "he looks like he was made by scientists in a lab"

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Wow Alonso was robbed.... Went from "does serving the penalty during SC count?" to "Okay then we will get 5s ahead just in case" to "Actually, who cares if it counted or not, we will hand you a 10s for touching the car when you attempted to serve it"

WTF? They should stop handing out pentalties post race, its ridiculous
It was reversed, the podium stands.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Have I ever read the F1 rule book? Nope. Do I have just enough common sense to know you don't touch the car WITH ANYTHING during a 5 second penalty? I'd like to think so. What an idiot

GolNat

Autocross Champion
also i cant exactly describe why but george russell looks like he berates wait staff

My GF said he reminds her of Woody from Toy Story. The being made in a lab comment is fitting.

She says Max reminds her of Sid from Ice Age so idk lol

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
1679318721774.png

LOL, there's like what, 21 races left in this season? He's such a baby.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
View attachment 276042

LOL, there's like what, 21 races left in this season? He's such a baby.
yep.

at least with other drivers that had this mindset there was something whimsical about them that made them somewhat likable.

this jackie kennedy lookin fuck doesnt have any of that

hans611

Lost
Yeah its annoying when they are that good...

For example, back then my dad/family hated Seb and then Lewis, I had to "defend" them by explaining that racing drivers are special breed and are generally only happy winning. They are not movie stars, politicians or singers... They are hired to drive a car fast, anything else comes second.

Also, if you read what he actually said... pretty good PR, could have come out of the mouth of Mr. PR, George Russell himself.

When asked how long he hopes Red Bull can maintain their gap to the rest of nine teams, Verstappen replied: “Well, I hope of course a long time. But it's not only about the pace of the car, we need to make sure we are reliable without any issues.

“My first weekend [in Bahrain] was not very clean, because of just the big balance shift from testing to the race weekend, some other things which were going on in the background, and now again after three positive practice sessions of course I have an issue in qualifying."
He added: “Of course, I recovered to second which is good, and in general the whole feeling in the team, everyone is happy, but personally I'm not happy, because I'm not here to be second.

"Especially when you are also working very hard also back at the factory to make sure you are arrive here in a good state, making sure everything is spot on, and then you have to do a recovery race – which I like, I mean I don't mind doing it – but when you are fighting for a championship and it looks like it's between two cars, we have to make sure the two cars are reliable.”

Would you rather Merc be dominating and having Russell win everything? Careful what you wish for as that may come next lol

torga

Autocross Champion
Have I ever read the F1 rule book? Nope. Do I have just enough common sense to know you don't touch the car WITH ANYTHING during a 5 second penalty? I'd like to think so. What an idiot

well AMR found 7 separate instances of other teams doing it with no resulting penalty, so get FUCKED, FIA. His first penalty was utter bullshit too, imo. He wasn't ahead of his stop bar, he was like 20cm to the left. who gives a shit. But this one I'm willing to accept because there's a clearly defined stop box on the road. luckily that penalty didn't end up affecting him much.

I'm tired of the inconsistent microscopic laser knife they use to split hairs on the rules. Be consistent. You know what else seems like common sense but no one says anything about? Cars picking up marbles on the way back to the pits after the finish in an attempt to build a buffer from minimum weight for post-race scrutineering. That feels blatantly against the rules, but they all do it.

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Alonso played it smart for the first dozen or so laps, sticking to Pérez to benefit from his tow/DRS. Crazy how easily the AMR can keep up in the corners. If they figure out their straight-line deficit, I think they could genuinely be fighting for P1/P2. And I hope Toto isn't just blowing hot air about how the Merc will be "a different car" after 6 or 7 races. Would love there to be a consistent 3-team fight for top points and podium.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
well AMR found 7 separate instances of other teams doing it with no resulting penalty, so get FUCKED, FIA. His first penalty was utter bullshit too, imo. He wasn't ahead of his stop bar, he was like 20cm to the left. who gives a shit. But this one I'm willing to accept because there's a clearly defined stop box on the road. luckily that penalty didn't end up affecting him much.

I'm tired of the inconsistent microscopic laser knife they use to split hairs on the rules. Be consistent. You know what else seems like common sense but no one says anything about? Cars picking up marbles on the way back to the pits after the finish in an attempt to build a buffer from minimum weight for post-race scrutineering. That feels blatantly against the rules, but they all do it.
I'll agree the FIA is inconsistent and almost a sham but rules are rules, don't touch the fawkn car. Also I'm glad Alonso in the end wasn't affected but they're incompetence

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Yeah its annoying when they are that good...

For example, back then my dad/family hated Seb and then Lewis, I had to "defend" them by explaining that racing drivers are special breed and are generally only happy winning. They are not movie stars, politicians or singers... They are hired to drive a car fast, anything else comes second.
Anyone watching motorsports should know this.

Also, if you read what he actually said... pretty good PR, could have come out of the mouth of Mr. PR, George Russell himself.
I read what he said. He still seems like a shithead. But yeah, that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Would you rather Merc be dominating and having Russell win everything? Careful what you wish for as that may come next lol
No. I'd rather have multiple best drivers in the world actually competing for wins.

Alonso played it smart for the first dozen or so laps, sticking to Pérez to benefit from his tow/DRS. Crazy how easily the AMR can keep up in the corners. If they figure out their straight-line deficit, I think they could genuinely be fighting for P1/P2. And I hope Toto isn't just blowing hot air about how the Merc will be "a different car" after 6 or 7 races. Would love there to be a consistent 3-team fight for top points and podium.
The whole grid spot thing, I agree with out on. It's not like he was further forward than he needed to be, they probably had to say something because of Ocon at Bahrain. The pace Alonso showed was great and if they can shed some of the drag without losing DF, he could take a few wins in the right conditions/circumstances.

I'm curious how much more pace the Merc update brings. Not expecting much, but I certainly did not think they'd be faster than the Ferrari.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Does anyone else wonder if Aston told Stroll Jr to stop and force a safety car for Alonso? As far as FIA officiating goes I put nothing past them. They stole a championship after all.