GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE Formula One Thread

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Does anyone else wonder if Aston told Stroll Jr to stop and force a safety car for Alonso? As far as FIA officiating goes I put nothing past them. They stole a championship after all.
i did lmao.

crashgate 2.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Yeah its annoying when they are that good...

For example, back then my dad/family hated Seb and then Lewis, I had to "defend" them by explaining that racing drivers are special breed and are generally only happy winning. They are not movie stars, politicians or singers... They are hired to drive a car fast, anything else comes second.
This.

No one on that field is okay with second place, nor should they be.

torga

Autocross Champion
Does anyone else wonder if Aston told Stroll Jr to stop and force a safety car for Alonso? As far as FIA officiating goes I put nothing past them. They stole a championship after all.
i did lmao.

crashgate 2.

my exact thoughts too, which led me to explaining to my wife what crashgate was

torga

Autocross Champion
y'all catch jos not congratulating checo on the win either??

YUP, what a fuckin pos Might as well have been a cardboard cutout while Checo was hugging the guy right next to Jos. Yet Checo's dad gets hyped for Max any time he's around. Superior dad is obvious here.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
YUP, what a fuckin pos Might as well have been a cardboard cutout while Checo was hugging the guy right next to Jos. Yet Checo's dad gets hyped for Max any time he's around. Superior dad is obvious here.
whole verstappen family is traaaaaaaaaash

hans611

Lost
whole verstappen family is traaaaaaaaaash

Mostly the dad, yeah he is crazy, literally a convicted "wife-beater", you get a reminder when he slammed the headphones down on Saturday after Max's engine failed... Max could have been a lot worse......

"okay Lance, we need you to STOP ON TRACK. STOP ON TRACK" lol

The Race did a good little summary of what happened... Apparently it wasn't clear if the jacks could touch the car or not

edit: Okay I get the Dad, but Max? Does he just lose by association? Are you guys angry he doesn't like loosing? I really dont get the hate.. only driver I would sort of get the hate for, is Ocon, imo more ruthless than Magnussen. But I get it, he likes to win....

edit2: Hell actually I do kind of dislike a driver, Lando... he travels around the world and a couple of years ago F1 did a geography thing and the dude didnt know where he is standing.

start watching in the 1:45 mark, its actually insane... you cannot be like a world famous F1 driver and be this sheltered/detached:

Last edited:

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
hes a cunt.

hes what happens when you've raised a driver entirely on the ayrton senna/michael schumacher "win at all costs" narrative without having the class associated with the others. just look at how he raced against lewis in 2021, all kinds of shit "tricks" that the only way both drivers wouldn't crash is if the other cedes position entirely.

generally you can be upset you didn't win the race but when your teammate is the one who wins and you come P2 you celebrate for a fantastic day for the team, not bitch about not coming in P1.

hans611

Lost
okay, so you dislike him for liking to win too much... there is no other way around this dude lol, you keep writing that down.

edit: Do you really believe Max is the only one on the grid like that? Some are better than other at PR. There is no way you get to the top without being at least a bit cut-throat.

For example, yesterday Perez posted a tweet with a long thank you to his team, about his dedication and at the end he reiterated his desire to be world champion.
He then deleted the tweet and replaced it with the exact text minus the campion part, fearing the Dutch Verstappen fans....

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be champion!?! He actually has to hide it, its messed up

Last edited:

dtfd

Autocross Champion
okay, so you dislike him for liking to win too much... there is no other way around this dude lol, you keep writing that down.

edit: Do you really believe Max is the only one on the grid like that? Some are better than other at PR. There is no way you get to the top without being at least a bit cut-throat.

For example, yesterday Perez posted a tweet with a long thank you to his team, about his dedication and at the end he reiterated his desire to be world champion.
He then deleted the tweet and replaced it with the exact text minus the campion part, fearing the Dutch Verstappen fans....

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be champion!?! He actually has to hide it, its messed up
nothing would make me happier this season than seeing Perez win the title.

The only thing that would be better is if at some point midway through the season Perez defies a team order to help Max and that ends up costing Max the top spot at the end.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I'll agree the FIA is inconsistent and almost a sham but rules are rules, don't touch the fawkn car. Also I'm glad Alonso in the end wasn't affected but they're incompetence

They didn't touch the car.....the jack did. LOL Barely.

I mean, seriously. If they want to be THAT anal they should have the rule be stay 5ft from the car until penalty done. Seriously going to say if the jack had been 1mm under the car not touching no problem but resting the jack on the pad they gained a significant advantage from that 1mm? The car was on the ground and no one loosened or touched any fastners. Do we want to watch racing or 1000 page rule books being lawyered out??

On the topic of Max, I will say this....I rooted for him last couple years, Hamilton was/is a diva and a whiner (He drove right past the red light for pit lane 2 years ago and went in anyway, then complained he couldn't see it LOL ). Not to mention his damn fluffer, been laughing about that the last few years.....the ONLY driver with a little woman running around behind him with a satchel of god knows what. We've had entire conversations about her, and video of how she reacts to his track position, etc and now she's leaving and it's like an entire special devoted to her. Don't bother zooming in on the lead mechanic, or the strategist.....nope.....let's see what Hamilton's fluffer thought about his lap time. Come on LOL

But Hamilton was not always that way, he used to be humble and gracious. It took him several championships to get to full pretentious ass........sometimes he slips and you can still see the normal guy. Max got there after a single WDC. There is being competitive and wanting to win.............and then there is being a child and an arrogant jackass like the way he acts and treats Checo. the last race last year, he could have let Checo go and give him #2 in WDC, but no, just had to get his glory. You are there to win, but you are also part of a TEAM.