dtfd

Autocross Champion
some things don't change

View attachment 275074
This is what saw.

1678802606301.png

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Merc's Jeddah track map for 2023 vs 2022.

2023 (this hurts the brain)

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
I would find it hilarious if LeClerc left Ferrari, Hamilton took his place and won

torga

Autocross Champion
I know its only practice but dang these Aston Martin times can't be ignored!
Got Seb watching like

dude right, and even Alpine out there swingin in FP2. this is gonna be fun

hans611

Lost
I mean we endured 7y of Merc dominance 2014-2020, sit back and relax, we are just getting started on RB lol
The secret was that RB always had the best chassis.... Best vehicle-dynamics / aerodynamics... since 2009.

They didn't win in 2009 bc they ran out of races and couldn't reach BrawnGP. The car was very unreliable at the start of the season, but clear number 1 at the end.
The only reason they couldn't win 2014-2020 was bc of the Merc's power unit... by the end of the formula, in 2021, when Honda fully matched Merc in the PU department, they won.
That Merc PU allowed Mercedes to hide a lot of inefficiencies in their chassis (remember the Merc "Diva"s?)

RB have always been number 1 in the car department. I think Merc and Red Bull are matched on the work ethic and discipline though. Merc would execute some perfect races in 2014-2016, they were a well oiled machine back then and I think they still are, just suffering from a poor chasis.

edit: Now Ferrari, on the other hand..... and I say as a Ferrari fan :(.... Another team that is very disciplined like that, and can extract the maximum from their (usually weak) package is the Force India/Racing Point/Aston Martin team. I think that's primarily why Alonso is so happy. They know what they are doing.... they showed it during the Perez/Hulk years especially.

Last edited:

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Max starting 15th will be interesting. Always happy for Perez. And how bout Piastri stomping Lando? That didn't take long

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Red bull
Aston Martin
Mercedes
Ferrari
Aston martin
Alpine
Mercedes
McLaren
Alpine
Haas
For better or for worse this is what F1 has wanted. Either way that's a pretty nice mix of manufacturers for the starting 10