GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SatNav too bright

Stevep33

I am starting to come to grips with the Infotainmet system, but cannot find how to turn the brightness down on the Satnav screen.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

oakserver

It is possible from the vehicle settings menu under the interior section if I remember rightly.

There is a brightness control that affects the infotainment, dash and the led's around the inside of the car. I think it defaults to 100% which is too bright at night.

Stevep33

Thanks for the reply. I had tried that but before I could try it at night the whole Infotainment system went down. A black screen with just a clock. No home screen, no SatNav screen, no radio/media screen, nothing. The car was 10 days old and I have to wait 2 and a half weeks before they can get it in! I'm not happy.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Jesus, i have ordered the ehybrid thinking that after a year VW would iron out any problems. I am starting to regret it as i can see between here and german motor web there are still loads of problems..
Is there a way to reset the infotainment ?

Stevep33

I wouldn't think you can reset it. I think it will be a complete reset/update from the dealership and reading other posts I hope not a complete new unit.. I am starting to regret buying the Golf. Downsized from a Passat which was a lovely car.

Stevep33

Yes, I have tried holding the button (blue square) on the right for over 10 seconds. Absolutely nothing happens. Just been informed that my car has had some sort of priority booking and going in on the 5th November.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I think you need to hold the power button beside the heating touch control for 10 seconds then select restart...
F381B305-C508-4EDE-8EF9-ABB6B6F7A092.jpeg

Last edited:

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
When i ordered the car i was told and seen in configurator that it would come with 8 speakers. Does anyone have this system? I know it woild have 2 tweeters , 2 front and 2 rear what are the other 2?

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Thats good news, so far. Maybe getting the mib3 software updated might help.... i did say might😉.. could turn out worse. Most of the Golf 8 problems are software related...

Stevep33

My car has been with the dealership now for over a week with various problems with the Infotainment system and occasional dash warnings. Apparently, the computer that drives the infotainment has a fault and VW have deemed it unsafe to drive. The computer is on back order and the dealership has informed me that it could take up to two weeks to arrive.