GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Saw These Leather Driving Shoes...

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
I need to get some of that, most of the CG stuff I have is great. I have the leather on my wheel, and that's it. The seats are plaid, the gear shift and e-brake are not real and just get 303.

I just swapped from a Benchmade to a Spyderco and a flat stamped clip to a wire clip, I think that should help cut down on the abuse.
Personally cg stuff is hit or miss with me. Out of 5 products I may like 1 or 2 of em. There leather cleaner stuff I can totally recommend though.

is the arm rest leather?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Personally cg stuff is hit or miss with me. Out of 5 products I may like 1 or 2 of em. There leather cleaner stuff I can totally recommend though.

is the arm rest leather?
I like their glaze. I mostly use Menzerna for polishes, but have found their glaze is weird, so the CG one works for me. I also like their weirdly runny metal polish for exhaust tips, provided they're in decent shape to begin with. I haven't tried their interior stuff.

No, cloth arm rest, door cards, etc. I do have my old "leather" center head rest in the pantry along with the current cloth one and a brown leather one from the Q5. Kid seats displace those silly things.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
I like their glaze. I mostly use Menzerna for polishes, but have found their glaze is weird, so the CG one works for me. I also like their weirdly runny metal polish for exhaust tips, provided they're in decent shape to begin with. I haven't tried their interior stuff.

No, cloth arm rest, door cards, etc. I do have my old "leather" center head rest in the pantry along with the current cloth one and a brown leather one from the Q5. Kid seats displace those silly things.
Oh I see. I figured all Gti’s would have the leather center arm rest. My bad

are you referring to the jet seal stuff? I hear it’s a really good sealant.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Oh I see. I figured all Gti’s would have the leather center arm rest. My bad

are you referring to the jet seal stuff? I hear it’s a really good sealant.
Nah, just a glaze, or final polish before a sealant, coating or wax. I follow up the Menzerna 3000 with that and just creates a slightly smoother surface and a smidge more pop, really more noticeable on darker cars, but I still find that it makes applying the last step a little easier even on my white car.
1624484557426.png

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Nah, just a glaze, or final polish before a sealant, coating or wax. I follow up the Menzerna 3000 with that and just creates a slightly smoother surface and a smidge more pop, really more noticeable on darker cars, but I still find that it makes applying the last step a little easier even on my white car.
View attachment 217545
Oh wow nice!

I’ve never used that one myself. Gonna give it a shot if I can convince my brother in law. He has a black type r. Takes to any product very well due to the color

bentin

Autocross Champion
Yeah, nothing like a black car to get your skills on. We've had a couple of non metallic black cars and she's threatening it again. It's certainly where I bust out all of the products. Usually a clay, decontamination, three layers of polish and a glaze before getting to the actual protection. If we do another black car, I think I'll ceramic coat it, not my favorite thing, but sure beats reapplication every six or twelve months.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
But can you shift faster if they're in sport mode or casual mode
Never driven in crocs, never owned a pair.

I do have a lot of sneakers. The ones with really good impact protection suck to drive with. Zoom x, boost and the like aren’t great here.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Old pair of Adidas.

8B0E3AB2-7499-4924-A5D0-25CEFD5EFE59.jpeg

If I drive in crocs I take them off and go barefoot.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I like driving in my Sambas or a pair of boat shoes - same sort of stuff mentioned elsewhere in this thread. Not very bulky and the thin soles help with feel.

I do not recommend wearing met guard boots while driving our cars, if you can help it.