GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Saying Hello

Sirannon1968

Hi , new to these forums so I thought id pop on and say hello , so Hello

Currently driving a mk6 2012 2.0 Tdi GT Bluemotion , had it 5 years and unfortunately I was in a collision with a barrier just before Christmas , my own fault , and the car was written off with the whole nearside damaged and one wheel broken

Luckily I have some good friends who have fixed the damage for me for a fraction of what the insurers were quoting and got me back on the road looking like new , I've included some before and after photos , although being a bellend I photographed the offside afterwards ! ! !

Great to be here , and looking forward to your help and advise in the coming months weeks years

Attachments

• IMG_20201215_142548.jpg
    IMG_20201215_142548.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20201215_142609.jpg
    IMG_20201215_142609.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20210123_160347.jpg
    IMG_20210123_160347.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20210123_160400.jpg
    IMG_20210123_160400.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 125

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Welcome to the forum.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Having good friends is a godsend. Welcome aboard

Sirannon1968

Hi,
She's already been mapped to around 200bhp, 400nm, I want to get a nice tailgate spoiler, nothing outlandish. Also I want to sort the exhaust so it's deeper than stanadard but again not too ridiculous.
I've ordered some tinted wind deflectors just because I like the look.
Apart from that the only other thing is getting the calipers painted which should have happened when the wheels were done but unfortunately didn't happen
I'm open to suggestion though as well..........

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Hi,
She's already been mapped to around 200bhp, 400nm, I want to get a nice tailgate spoiler, nothing outlandish. Also I want to sort the exhaust so it's deeper than stanadard but again not too ridiculous.
I've ordered some tinted wind deflectors just because I like the look.
Apart from that the only other thing is getting the calipers painted which should have happened when the wheels were done but unfortunately didn't happen
I'm open to suggestion though as well..........

Coilovers and wheels.

Sirannon1968

Yep coilovers are an option I've been thinking about.
No plans to change the wheels,. Did think about it but then decided to have the originals refurbished and coloured and they came out so well I'll keep them on.

Sirannon1968

Just ordered myself a steering wheel cover from Phatbitsuk. Black Nappa Leather with grey stitching and grey centre marker.
Looking forward to it arriving soon

SliMbo2.5

Ready to race!
That's great you were able to get it back on the road and on your way of modding. I've had my mkvi for a few months now and modding has just begun. Cheers