GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Scorpion TBE, need encouragement!

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Well looks like the mod bug bit me hard...
had saved up for some other (house-related) purchase but I just snapped and ordered the Golf R Scorpion TBE instead :p:bellyroll: I ordered it Decat but Resonated.

Now that I am "back to my senses" lol believe it or not I am hesitating on installing it or reselling it to a friend who'll pay me for system plus shipping :yikes:...So I need encouragement from all of you who have installed this TBE please please please.. I knw there are plenty of reviews but I'm just one of them people in need for some warming up to take the step...

I have also one question before the install, as I have ordered this in two separate orders for custom formality purposes (dp section + catback section) I got with each an adapter plus corresponding small clamp presumably for bolting on to stock sections... I don't think I need these for the installation of the complete TBE and they will just be extra "unused" parts, correct? (Sorry I am a newb when it comes to exhausts)

Thx!

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Edit: I promise to post pics and sound clips here if and when installed :D

EvoKnvl

Ready to race!
Just do it. I have the catless resonated TBE as well. It sounds awesome. It's fairly quiet at low rpm but when you got on it, it's loud as hell. Tone is nice and deep.

You're correct. You shouldn't need the adapters at all. The parts will make directly together.

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Thx for the pics, really nice!
So stockish on low rpms and vocal when u give it the beans, interesting:) Anyone with this setup please chime in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EvoKnvl

Ready to race!
For the most part. In first and second it's actually louder at any rpm. This is because the flapper valve stays open in 1-2. At 3-6, it closes until you go over 3900rpm. Personally I wish it stayed closed on 1-2 under 3900rpm, but I like to be low key unless I get on it...

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Thx, good info. I have finally decided to go for it. Will update here as soon as possible!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk