GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search for RWD Track/Weekend Car (70k Budget)

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
That's a pretty car and a great choice! Can't go wrong with a miata!

I'd like to make it out to the track in a couple weeks, but I might have some family obligations keeping me. Unfortunately it's about to get cold too, so that might be the last opportunity this year :(.
I think today is one of the last track days in the area. I wanted to make it but couldn't swing it with work. Seasons looking like it's over for me.

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Thanks, guys. Will have to check out Kinzie!

It was feeling cold up in Boston today as well. Bummer the season was cut short for me, but SCDA is letting me put my entry fee for next Mondays event toward a three day pass for next year so should be able to hit the ground running in 2021.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
I would get an exige if it was a primarily track focused toy

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
I think today is one of the last track days in the area. I wanted to make it but couldn't swing it with work. Seasons looking like it's over for me.
So, I did end up making it to the track this weekend, and it was crazy cold. It was in the 30s and 40s and the wind chill in paddock was brutal. I was on Hoosier R7 and it took a solid 4 laps to really warm up the tires. As much as the tires hated the cold, the engine loved it.

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
So, I did end up making it to the track this weekend, and it was crazy cold. It was in the 30s and 40s and the wind chill in paddock was brutal. I was on Hoosier R7 and it took a solid 4 laps to really warm up the tires. As much as the tires hated the cold, the engine loved it.
Good for you for getting in some late season laps. I am jealous. How'd the car do out there?

BMWCCA is hosting an autocross that I may try to attend (pending finalization of new car's registration and available space for the event).

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Was this at Gingerman? I heard some crazy camaro/vette shit went down......corner worker stations getting taken out....

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Good for you for getting in some late season laps. I am jealous. How'd the car do out there?

BMWCCA is hosting an autocross that I may try to attend (pending finalization of new car's registration and available space for the event).

Car did well after getting an alignment in paddock from my mechanic with his strings setup. Initially it had some toe out one end and toe in the other and it was sketchy on track. The crazy wind gusts didn't help things. By the end of day 2 I passed two c8s, a gt2rs, a gt4, and a few gt350 mustangs in the advanced group. It was a good time, but the car desperately needs a front splitter and to adjust the rear wing for less downforce. Down the main straight it felt like I had a parachute, lol!

Was this at Gingerman? I heard some crazy camaro/vette shit went down......corner worker stations getting taken out....

No sir, this was at Heartland Park in topeka. We've got a blizzard of some sort coming in. Did gingerman get hit with that? They're further north so I would imagine even colder weather!