GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Security Certificate Expired

Status
Not open for further replies.

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Is anyone else getting a popup the Security Cert has expired for this forum? The URL is being marked as "Not Secure" Starting Jan 1st.

OryxRob

Ready to race!
I’m getting it also on both android & iOS

TheMuffinMan

Go Kart Newbie
Yep, SSL certificate expired 1/1/2021 - just needs to be updated

virpacalis

Go Kart Newbie
On Chrome I can click "Continue to www.golfmk7.com (unsafe)" just once and then navigate as I please. However, on Edge I have to find and click that link for every single page. I also see this:
1609698648467.png

cb1111

I wonder who owns this site since the 2nd. The Russians? Chinese?

I'm not sure we know. Not fixing this raises so many questions

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

I'd assume just lazy owners. Something far less nefarious.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

i don't think it's about ownership, in the sense that the site is no longer owned by Admins...... i think its just a credentials thing for it's HTTPS configuration?

cb1111

I'd assume just lazy owners. Something far less nefarious.
It is lazy admins that are the cause of virtually every security breach. The longer it goes on, the greater the chance of a breach.

This has gone on far too long without a word from the admins. One must assume that there is more going on.

If you have any other sites that use the same password, then I'd suggest that you change them now.

cb1111

i don't think it's about ownership, in the sense that the site is no longer owned by Admins...... i think its just a credentials thing for it's HTTPS configuration?
Probably, but the admins could come back here and say "we got this. Holiday weekend, yada, yada, yada, we'll fix it Monday". Without that, one needs to assume that there is more going on.

beardedGTI

Ready to race!
There's two ways of getting an SSL certificate for use on a website:
1.) pay for a trusted one
2.) use a free one from Let's Encrypt that only lasts for 3 months at a time and hope that some janky backend script will work and auto refresh it each time.

Guess which path the owners of MK7 went? Snark aside, feel free to DM if you need help fixing this.

If you have any other sites that use the same password, then I'd suggest that you change them now.
Good advice in general that everyone should practice. But has nothing to do with the lapsed SSL cert in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.