GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Security Certificate Expired

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb1111

I was, but I've gone into the site settings and allowed insecure content on golfmk6 and golfmk7. It didn't seem to work on my pc at work.
Most likely disabled by your IT guys. I can't imagine that they'd allow insecure access to anything. Is going to sites like these actually authorized by your work policies?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Most likely disabled by your IT guys. I can't imagine that they'd allow insecure access to anything. Is going to sites like these actually authorized by your work policies?

1609808064567.png

yeahforbes

Go Kart Newbie
An expired cert still continues to operate in the same way as an in date cert. It just produces nasty warnings.

The problem is that when people get accustomed to dismissing warnings without a full understanding of certificates, they might seamlessly transition from [dismissing a warning about expiration of an otherwise trusted certificate] to [dismissing a warning about a self-signed or otherwise bogus certificate] without realizing it. One would need to actually inspect it and check that has both a trust anchor and a DNS name that matches the address bar, and only then dismiss the warning. Since few people do that, the better advice is for the general public to not dismiss cert warnings, and for that reason the admins should fix it by figuring out why weekly cron isn't kicking certbot successfully.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
As I said in the other threads, the site admins aren't active here unfortunately. They've been notified and now we're just waiting for it to be renewed. Sucks but it is what it is, this site is free for the users and hosts tons of information about this platform. No need to get upset, the admins aren't perfect. God forbid a free site has an error for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.