GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sharp Power cutoff at 5000 RPM

SomeAircraftMech

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI S
Help me guys/girls, just noticed this yesterday. Was doing a bit of spirited driving all AP info was normal no CEL, when out of nowhere at 5000 rpm it felt like I had hit the brakes for a second, a sharp power cutout in 2nd gear. Being curious I tried in 3rd and 4th while under WOT it would sometimes do it at 4500 and 5-5500 where it would dump all power and jerk like I had hit the brakes. Still no CEL. Tried under normal load and didn't do it. Only when giving it the beans. Relative manifold and boost press both showed the correct 28.7 psi as normal. Otherwise car runs and drives normally. Pulls great all the way up to that RPM Ran codes again to verify and still none showed up.. Car is 17 GTI stage 2 EQT 93 Oct, NGK step colder plugs, APR red coils, FMIC, yada yada. Tried to do some research only recommendation was crankshaft pos sensor. Any information of verification would be greatly appriciated.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Help me guys/girls, just noticed this yesterday. Was doing a bit of spirited driving all AP info was normal no CEL, when out of nowhere at 5000 rpm it felt like I had hit the brakes for a second, a sharp power cutout in 2nd gear. Being curious I tried in 3rd and 4th while under WOT it would sometimes do it at 4500 and 5-5500 where it would dump all power and jerk like I had hit the brakes. Still no CEL. Tried under normal load and didn't do it. Only when giving it the beans. Relative manifold and boost press both showed the correct 28.7 psi as normal. Otherwise car runs and drives normally. Pulls great all the way up to that RPM Ran codes again to verify and still none showed up.. Car is 17 GTI stage 2 EQT 93 Oct, NGK step colder plugs, APR red coils, FMIC, yada yada. Tried to do some research only recommendation was crankshaft pos sensor. Any information of verification would be greatly appriciated.
Datalog it and then report back.