I can't even remember how many fucking times I've said who tf built this shit after moving in. Miles better than the cookie cutter homes that are built nowadays but holy shit my house must've been built ok Friday evenings after a round of drinks and a pound of weed.Holy crap you couldn’t be more right. With a house you need to realize nothing is square, nothing is plumb, and you can only do your best to camouflage the flaws. There have been countless times I’ve screamed “WHO THE FUCK BUILDS LIKE THIS?!?!?”
Take my staircase, striped to the stringers and rebuilt. There are 4 flaws I focus on that nobody ever notices.
View attachment 235121
This is my first tile job, I had to work with a wonky 50s house.
View attachment 235122
OP - take a chunk of your grout to the local tile store. Not a big box, a legit tile shop. They will have a little grout color sample set, kinda like paint chip samples. Find the one that most closely matches what you have in indoor and outdoor light. Then grab a tube of the matched silicon/urathane sealant, grout removal tool, latex/nitrile exam gloves, and a roll of blue painters tape.
1. Remove remaining grout from the joint along that vertical to horizontal change.
2. run a bead of tape on the horizontal and vertical surfaces as close to 1/8” from the joint as you can be.
3. Run a bead down the joint
4. Using your finger smooth out the joint as you push the calk into the gap leaving a convex transition.
5. Carefully peel up tape as you pull away from the joint.
6. drink beer.
I have all the necessary tools so I'll just go peep tile store and get some matching caulk.