GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should I buy an R32?

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
You already have an automatic trans daily/cruiser, I’d skip and buy a S2000 instead.

During my 911 search last year a clean 2004 S2000 w/ 53k miles posted locally for $17k.

I drove it and decided to stay on my 911 path, however it was tough to walk away from.

Those cars are seriously fun and should appreciate over time, especially if you have a daily.

Back in 2002-2006 I had an AP1, miss that damn car.

I wanted to go down to one car as my fiancé has a Forrester XT and can drive stick so decided to stick on the 911 path.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
You already have an automatic trans daily/cruiser, I’d skip and buy a S2000 instead.

During my 911 search last year a clean 2004 S2000 w/ 53k miles posted locally for $17k.

I drove it and decided to stay on my 911 path, however it was tough to walk away from.

Those cars are seriously fun and should appreciate over time, especially if you have a daily.

Back in 2002-2006 I had an AP1, miss that damn car.

I wanted to go down to one car as my fiancé has a Forrester XT and can drive stick so decided to stick on the 911 path.
S2000 is ok if you are 6ft or less. I am 6'3" 230 and it was just too cramped to enjoy but they are otherwise a fun car.

cb1111

Little update. I went and checked the car out this weekend. It's in great shape inside and out and even comes with a folder of service receipts. Took it for a drive and was honestly unimpressed, I'm sure I'll catch some heat for that.

The engine note is great for a 6 cylinder engine but besides the engine note I think my MKV GTI and my MKVI GTI were more fun to drive. They felt lighter (of course) and more playful. I honestly think $17+k is too much for what you are getting. I told him, but he didn't budge on the price. :)
I think you are spot on. Most of us remember the R32 when it was new. I went from a MKV GTI to a new R32 and was pretty impressed - but car design has come a long way since then.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
The engine note is great for a 6 cylinder engine but besides the engine note I think my MKV GTI and my MKVI GTI were more fun to drive.

It's the turbo. LOL Makes stuff more fun.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
It's like driving an early 2000's civic or nsx, but you're slightly heavier and sound better.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
the older Forester XT's are sweet looking. I've seen a few that had work done and I would rock one...that is a ride worth keeping long term after it's time as a daily is done.

Mud

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
the older Forester XT's are sweet looking. I've seen a few that had work done and I would rock one...that is a ride worth keeping long term after it's time as a daily is done.

Mud

She bought the last 2018 Forrester XT in Texas new.

So sad they discontinued the turbo in the Forrester. In 2019 they made a “sport” edition but it had a slug motor and tacky accents.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Little update. I went and checked the car out this weekend. It's in great shape inside and out and even comes with a folder of service receipts. Took it for a drive and was honestly unimpressed, I'm sure I'll catch some heat for that.

The engine note is great for a 6 cylinder engine but besides the engine note I think my MKV GTI and my MKVI GTI were more fun to drive. They felt lighter (of course) and more playful. I honestly think $17+k is too much for what you are getting. I told him, but he didn't budge on the price. :)
No you won't. The R32, along with the 3.2L audi TT were some of the most "boring "sports" cars to drive. It's like eating vanilla ice cream, sure it's ice cream but....