GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Slipping clutch? Just resurface with a rock, lol.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Crazy that it worked... looking for a rock to resurface mine Lol

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Good thing Halloween is almost here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
That's crazy.

What's even crazier is the red demon with 85 lbs of boost...in a Talon no less

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Hey...work with whatchya got, right?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
That Camaro just went 7.30@196 at world cup :eek:

I absolutely love seeing an LT1 do this shit. Stock block from a chevy caprice on 35psi boost making about 1600hp. FKN AWESOME

Crazy that it worked... looking for a rock to resurface mine Lol

Makes sense, had to get the glaze off it. Crazy they didn't have emery cloth or sandpaper, but they improvised lol. Racers do all kinds of crazy shit...it's a different world when it only has to survive 7 seconds and a major failure is just another part of the game.

in a Talon no less

Prior to the GTR, the DSM was the best import drag platform built. It takes quite a bit more power to go as fast in an Evo, and at the upper spectrum Evos aren't close. Good friend locally just sold his Evo to go back to a DSM, tired of spending more money to make more power and go slower.

I loved mine...trapping in the low 130s with a pump gas street car 10 years ago was fast as hell.

That Talon is nasty.

I've followed that car for 10 years, since Devon was a name only a handful of DSM guys knew. He was always fast but never consistent. The car would always run a number and then break, he could never keep it together.

He finally has enough blood, sweat, tears, money, and billet components to make the car not only bottom 7s, but very reliable.

His next major step if he want's to go faster is to throw away the AWD system. AWD is only a detriment on a prepped surface. His 60' times are slower than the RWD cars and hes carrying a few hundred extra lbs down track.

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Both cars are awesome. Growing up in Ohio I had a few buddies with low ten second DSM, one even built a rear engine awd chromoly tube cassis cart. That’s where my inspiration to get into fabrication came from.