GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sometimes red "anti-theft" light blinks, sometimes it doesn't

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
The red light that is on the top of the drivers door (in front of the power window control) is what I'm referring to. I've had my car for 6 months and I've never noticed it until last night! I saw the red light blinking, and I was like "what the..."

Anyways, sometimes when I get out of the car and hit "lock" on the key fob...sometimes it starts blinking......sometimes it doesn't blink.

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
Bump.

Anyone?

Just got home...got out of car...hit lock on key fob...horn beeped..........but red light wasn't blinking.

Walked back over to car...unlocked it with fob...opened door...shut door...hit lock with fob............and it starts blinking.

Seems like immediately after driving it and locking it....it does not blink.

But if the car is just sitting for a while...and I go out to the car to get something (without driving it)...then shut door and lock it....it blinks.

It's not a big deal, but it just doesn't make any sense to me.

EzEddie

Passed Driver's Ed
I am experiencing this as well. I notice when I press lock on the fob and the red light does not come on, all I have to do is unlock and relock and the light comes on.

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion

DanSandGTI

In my case I got the control module replaced before the recall came out. I think I read somewhere else on here that someone who got the recall done stated that it did not affect the ecu. I believe it is just the module that gets recoded. If your that apprehensive try changing your door open settings to 'auto' in the mfd and then see if your alarm led lights as it should when you lock the doors via the remote. By the way... if your alarm led isn't illuminating when you lock the doors, your alarm may not be armed. Mine wasn't. Good luck.