• I have neutral feelings for it

Votes: 105 55.0%
  • whats a soundaktor?

Votes: 8 4.2%

• Total voters

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
I love it!

I read from a lot of people that they don't like it. I suppose it is a very subjective thing to discuss, but I enjoy the accentuated cabin noise. The wife likes it too!

Perhaps once I own the car longer it may be a little intrusive as I get used to it, but I don't think so lol!

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Pointless junk put in the car for the boy racer brigade. nothing short of one of these HERE. Mine was disconnected the day I had my car.

Last edited:

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
I think they improved the mk7 soundaktor

Zoolook

Ready to race!
Why does everyone hate the soundaktor so much?

Because it makes the GTI sound like a TDI

More because it's completely artificial. I'd rather hear the turbo whoosh than a fake 5-cylinder tractor sound.

APR1

Ready to race!
Because it makes the GTI sound like a TDI

More because it's completely artificial. I'd rather hear the turbo whoosh than a fake 5-cylinder tractor sound.

Can you hear the turbo woosh with the soundaktor unplugged?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Can you hear the turbo woosh with the soundaktor unplugged?

Yes. I turned my soundaktor off with VCDS (i don't like the idea of an exposed electrical terminal), and removed the weather stripping in the engine bay. between the two, you can really hear the turbo whoosh and discharge upon throttle closure much better without spending a dollar!

APR1

Ready to race!
Yes. I turned my soundaktor off with VCDS (i don't like the idea of an exposed electrical terminal), and removed the weather stripping in the engine bay. between the two, you can really hear the turbo whoosh and discharge upon throttle closure much better without spending a dollar!

Can you post a video of the sound?

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I don't even notice it over the Milltek valveless, non-resonated exhaust...so..