GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spartan Racers In Here?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Bump it back up......

Spartan Super (8+ miles) is two weeks from Saturday in Charlotte......come on......slots still available!

I'm runnin' by Jake's house the night before to get an FMIC, so we could always have an impromptu 'meet'...

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Anything in Virginia?

Only one... In October... In Arrington by Wintergreen.... all others I've had to drive to NC and SC every time. No way I'm running in WVA either... Lol. There is one up in MD and there is a stadium race in DC, but I'm not interested in being in a stadium like crossfit.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Well ya'll missed a good time!

I was able to meet up with Jake and get his FMIC installed the night before, so it made the race totally worth it.

Concord NC county had to actually get their utility folks to suck water out of a field (due to all the rain ya'll got) just to uncover part of the course...AND part of the course went from thigh-high water to 6' deep. This was the muddiest course I've ever ran.....hands down.

Next up......

Fayetteville NC Spartan Sprint June 2nd.......if anyone is game.

Attachments

• bucket.jpg
    bucket.jpg
    618.6 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
2.5 weeks out from the Fayetteville, NC Spartan Race ya'll....come on NC'ers....you know you want to roll out!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
T minus 4 days until Fayett'nam.......anyone rolling? I'll be down there the night before

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Well the temperature dropped from 101 on Thursday to low 90s for today, so I was happy to start at just under 80 this morning. It was the first dry course I've run 1.5 years.... LOVED IT. Of course there were mud obstacles, but it had not rained for a few days and did not rain the day of so made for a fast course. I didn't realize that it was part of the honor series racing, due to being at Ft. Bragg, so the medal is totally different from the usual sporting medals.... Bonus! They have these at Ft. Carson and Campbell as well from what I'm seeing. Spec Ops and Wounded Vets (Oscar Mike) had their own tent... It was killer.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Alright ladies and gents.....

Looks like the next one up is the BEAST in Winnsboro SC (wherever that is) in Nov, so I'll always ask.....any takers? lol

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Bumping this up.....Nov Beast is coming up soon, but there are Sprints and Supers in western VA in Oct....anyone down to meet up and race???

swcrow

Autocross Champion
2020 Spartan Racers....who's in??!! First weekend in April.....Charlotte NC Spartan weekend...anyone down?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Spartan cancelled the NC Sprint race due to COVID19.......rescheduling TBD. I'm all for safety, but darn it.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Well the temperature dropped from 101 on Thursday to low 90s for today, so I was happy to start at just under 80 this morning. It was the first dry course I've run 1.5 years.... LOVED IT. Of course there were mud obstacles, but it had not rained for a few days and did not rain the day of so made for a fast course. I didn't realize that it was part of the honor series racing, due to being at Ft. Bragg, so the medal is totally different from the usual sporting medals.... Bonus! They have these at Ft. Carson and Campbell as well from what I'm seeing. Spec Ops and Wounded Vets (Oscar Mike) had their own tent... It was killer.

Have you ever heard of or done the GORUCK Challenge? For civilians and non-SF service members, it's the closest thing to SFAS. It's broken into 3 categories, Light, Tough, and Heavy. Light is 7 - 10 miles, Tough is 15 - 20 miles, and Heavy is 40+ miles.

https://www.goruck.com/goruck-challenge/

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Ohhhhh boy.... Thanks Drew! I'll check it out

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Yeah man. The only reason why I mentioned it is because I saw that you did that Honors Spartan Race down at Bragg. I do remember a couple of guys from my Group mentioning it and that they were going to do it and asked me but I was still recovering from my first knee surgery.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Yeah man. The only reason why I mentioned it is because I saw that you did that Honors Spartan Race down at Bragg. I do remember a couple of guys from my Group mentioning it and that they were going to do it and asked me but I was still recovering from my first knee surgery.

Yeah sure did.....really cool team up with the post, WW, USAA and some other vet organizations. Due to COVID, I may be doing another one out near Ft. Campbell...we'll see. I did see several SF folks out recruiting during the race #geniusmove