GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Speed recognition shenanigans 🙄.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Using a combination of camera and GPS the speed limit is displayed on the dash. It will correctly show the speed limit, be it 40, 50, 60, 70mph. Coming into or out of a limit and the display changes. Strangely it has recently decided that when turning off a A road onto a minor road it changes from 60 to 30 despite both roads having a 60mph limit. It‘s not a really a big deal but why has it started doing this?Perhaps it’s a newly inspired VW safety feature to slow me down on country roads 🙄. My car has visited the dealer five times so far with software issues and I’m reluctant to go back again for something relatively minor.

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes vw still has a lot of work in this area to correct mine picks up wrong speed limits going down motorways it will drop to 30 from 70 because it thinks you should be going up the slip road. Also the inbuilt sat nav will insist on taking me off the motorway up the slip road and straight back down the slip road to rejoin the same motorway for no reason....

Topaz

Passed Driver's Ed
I realise it may be a fault but seems we are bombarded with info nowadays in cars, what speed to keep to , when to take our foot off the accelerator for a roundabout, what direction we are travelling in, outside temp etc.
Its virtually hands free now...more time to vape, talk into the phone.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I realise it may be a fault but seems we are bombarded with info nowadays in cars, what speed to keep to , when to take our foot off the accelerator for a roundabout, what direction we are travelling in, outside temp etc.
Its virtually hands free now...more time to vape, talk into the phone.
… and taking your eyes off the road to operate or turn off all this shit 🙄.

No doubt we’re being readied for the coming of the autonomous car…..🤔

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Using a combination of camera and GPS the speed limit is displayed on the dash. It will correctly show the speed limit, be it 40, 50, 60, 70mph. Coming into or out of a limit and the display changes. Strangely it has recently decided that when turning off a A road onto a minor road it changes from 60 to 30 despite both roads having a 60mph limit. It‘s not a really a big deal but why has it started doing this?Perhaps it’s a newly inspired VW safety feature to slow me down on country roads 🙄. My car has visited the dealer five times so far with software issues and I’m reluctant to go back again for something relatively minor.
My car has just started doing this, but nothing major has changed in the mean time, the only difference has been the multiple tiny updates that have installed in the last week or so, the main update installed some time ago, and it was fine afterwards, so I can only assume these little updates are the culprit?!?!

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
My car went to the dealer today to have the 12v battery module replaced under a recall. Much to my surprise the Polo they lent me suffered the same speed recognition shenanigans as my Golf. All minor roads which have a 60mph limit was showing 30mph on the speed limit display. This is obviously something that must have introduced in a software update. Go figure 🤔.

Niceguy235

If the road sign is the white circle with the black line NSL type, i suspect that VW haven't programmed it to properly recognise it.

Having said that, the NSL sign has two speed limits, 60 or 70.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Today I was on a wide minor road with cruise control turned on. I was in a 40mph speed limit and when I passed the derestriction sign instead of automatically accelerating to 60mph it SLOWED to 30mph 🤬. I don’t know why it misbehaves on minor roads but works ok on main roads?

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I mentioned this issue when I had my car serviced last week. I just as well have saved my vocal chords. Fast coming to the conclusion modern cars should have two service centres. One for the oily bits and one which employs fourteen olds to sort out all the (many) techy problems.

I think my next car will be a 1965 Morris Minor and then my only (many) issues will be of a oily nature.

CH47AV8R

I mentioned this issue when I had my car serviced last week. I just as well have saved my vocal chords. Fast coming to the conclusion modern cars should have two service centres. One for the oily bits and one which employs fourteen olds to sort out all the (many) techy problems.

I think my next car will be a 1965 Morris Minor and then my only (many) issues will be of a oily nature.
Until some idiot side swipes you. 💀

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
Just returned back from a 600 mile round trip and out of curiosity I used the cars sat nav to see if its improved any but alas it still wants to take me off the motorway only for it to try and send me straight over the roundabout and straight back down the slip road Road to rejoin the same motorway it directed me off for no reason, back to waze for the next journey....