GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

State of the Forum..

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
First off I want to say that this is by far the best MK7 resource by far and thank whoever it is that keeps the light on here. That said I get a bad feeling that this place is dying on the vine. Every morning it's nothing but spam. usually so bad I don't even bother logging on until mid morning. You go to the the MK8 forum and there's zero sub-forums. Other than our dedicated mod(s?) I really wonder if there's actually someone at the helm. It really is a shame because I've learned so much here, bought stuff, sold stuff, got answers to questions - I could go on and on. I'm not bailing and once again I really do appreciate this forum

Is it just me that has this sense of foreboding?

Thanks for letting me vent a little...

the

Autocross Champion
My guess is the guy at the helm just dumps these forums out for all different kinds of vehicles on a template he can copy and paste.

I've gone as far as setting my own resource up, getting hosting, and starting a functioning forum at almost zero cost.

There is an overwhelming amount of administrative controls that could be put in place to keep these forums cleaner.

The only thing that gets added are new types of intrusive advertisements. It's never going to get better than what you have right now.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
My guess is the guy at the helm just dumps these forums out for all different kinds of vehicles on a template he can copy and paste.

I've gone as far as setting my own resource up, getting hosting, and starting a functioning forum at almost zero cost.

There is an overwhelming amount of administrative controls that could be put in place to keep these forums cleaner.

The only thing that gets added are new types of intrusive advertisements. It's never going to get better than what you have right now.

I honestly don't mind the ads, it's just the spam.. And again take a look at the MK8 forum.. Just General Discussions. No tech, no classifieds..

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
The spam typically comes from a single user. Use the ignore button and all of their threads will disappear. It cleans up the forum for yourself right away. Jay gets to it when he sees it, but he can't be here 24/7.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
The spam typically comes from a single user. Use the ignore button and all of their threads will disappear. It cleans up the forum for yourself right away. Jay gets to it when he sees it, but he can't be here 24/7.

Is he the only one running things here?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Is he the only one running things here?
Currently. Jays been fighting to get more mods, but the admins are hard to contact and they don't get anything done quickly.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Currently. Jays been fighting to get more mods, but the admins are hard to contact and they don't get anything done quickly.

Seems like there is no admin If the MK8 forum is any example.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
@Acadia18 should just admin / start a new forum….

Diggs and jay can assist with moderating it

@2slowvw is now busy plugging his car into the wall.
To piggyback on this, with Jon being the admin the spam will deff. stop as they wouldnt disrespect their friend like that

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I also fully expected this thread to be about CSB shenanigans leaking.

vu.

Autocross Champion
The MK7 section is relatively more active than the others and I agree that it is one of the best forums I've been on. Even if I no longer have my MK7 in the future, I'll be here still for as long as I can. Everyone here is cool and welcoming.

My only advice: avoid the political threads. Otherwise, its a good time here!