GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Static noise

Peterjames89

Hi all,

This is my first post in a forum in about 20 years, but the amount of niggles and annoyances in my MK 8 has led to me this due to not very much to be found online about the issues of this Golf.

What I would like to ask is if anyone has experienced a strange static-type noise from the speakers when opening any of the doors of the car. All i’ve done by this point is just unlocked the car and opened the drivers side door.

The sound only happens once, like a burst of static for a split second, but I think ive noticed it when the passenger side door is opened too.

Has anyone else experienced this? And if so is there any fix?

Thanks

oakserver

Hi, yes I've heard that before but I tend to ignore it after a while. I woundnt say it happens at the time of opening the doors for me, but it happens once I get in and the centre screen is firing up with the welcome message. To me it sounds like the momentary buzz/hum of an old fashioned amplifier when you turn it on with the mechanical push button switch.

I dont know of any fix for it but it doesn't really bother me at all unless what I am experiencing is different to you.