GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

STAY AT HOME

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
What is the situation in your state? I'm in Arizona and on May 8th barber shops/salons etc will be allowed to open. Restaurants and retail stores on May 11th. Lots of requirements will continue like distancing and very rigid sanitation requirements so much so that a lot of restaurants have said they still won't open. The restaurants that won't open have said the distancing requirement makes it so they couldn't seat enough people to make it profitable. Elective surgeries were already allowed to begin a week ago. I actually think it's still too soon because the number of new cases have continued to rise 4.5% every day for the last ten days. I think the Governor is bowing to the growing protests. Just praying that there isn't a surge in new cases.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
As you know, I'm a fellow Arizona resident. I'm all for reopening - slowly and cautiously. I think that Ducey has handled the situation well thus far. We can't allow the economy to collapse as a result of an extended lockdown. With proper precautions, we can start gradually, and continue to protect those most at risk. And everyone retains the option to stay away from public places, restaurants, etc., if they choose to. Is it the right decision? Time will tell. But we can't stay locked down tight much longer without cratering the economy. Hopefully that hasn't already happened - we probably won't know for a few months at least.

ahard48

Ready to race!
NY is locked down until May 15, then will reopen slowly as well (restaurants and such). Luckly I am upstate Rochester area about 5 hrs away from the city.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Survival of of the fittest. If i go, i got naturally selected. I will try not to catch the 'Rona, but gotta live life. i'll die if i don't eat, too.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
FL didn't have stay at home. They called ours "safer at home" and other than big events being cancelled and restaurants being limited to 25% capacity we're pretty much open again. There were a few counties they didn't open up as those areas are a lot worse. In my area traffic is back to normal and as busy as it is when there's not a pandemic.

I'm not against opening things up again, but I think it needed to be done at a slower rate that was more controlled.

We kept our boat dealership open as an "essential business" because people are allowed to go boating and fishing down here. We've been busy as shit too. The first couple weeks of the safer at home order was a little slow, but after that we've been cranking. People keep coming in to look at used boats and we're hardly ever in this position, but we have to tell them all our used boats are sold. Our new boats are running out of stock too.

Doesn't seem like anybody at my job has gotten it, except for maybe one of our salesmen back in early March. I think he might finally be done with his cough. He took the first 2 weeks of march off when he was really sick. He went to the doctor and he was tested negative for the flu, but they wouldn't test him for corona.

They've increased testing recently too, so that might lead to a jump in confirmed cases. In my town they added a new testing facility that you finally don't need a doctors note for and it's free, anybody can pull up can tested. Yesterday they tested 400 people, until they ran out of tests in the middle of the day, and supposedly today they have 800 tests. Who knows how long they'll do this for though.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
North Carolina will begin Phase 1 of the reopening process on Friday.

At any given point I could probably argue to reopen or to remain at home. Realistically, I don't see much changing for me. My wife and my companies are both going to strongly encourage continued work from home, schools are cancelled, and I'm not excited to take my kids out anywhere.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
That bitch is nuts. Enjoy your covid on the beach.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
We are closed up in Western NY here still but people keep going out in the warm weather and just chilling like nothing is happening. Erie county is about to make the entire region look bad in about 2 weeks or less. I don't expect to see up opening anything up soon.