GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steering wheel vibration

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
sounds bad enough that i drove it home on the flat?
That definitely might have messed something up, but if the wheels were installed after that I would think they would have noticed damaged components when they put the wheels on.

Hub ring makes the easiest explanation, apologies for the tangent.

17Blk.Mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT
That definitely might have messed something up, but if the wheels were installed after that I would think they would have noticed damaged components when they put the wheels on.

Hub ring makes the easiest explanation, apologies for the tangent.
i only noticed the vibrations bad when at a higher speed. i’ve never had this happen before so i’m ost

17Blk.Mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT
Double check the cast numbers on your wheels, that they are indeed the 5x112s, if they are the 5x114 bolt pattern they would be conical and you would still be able to bolt up to the 112 pattern.
They are 5x112 et 45. many are saying i need new hub rings but idk what size

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
They are 5x112 et 45. many are saying i need new hub rings but idk what size
Same place you are finding the bolt pattern info will show you hub bore.

Also, I understand what you purchased was 5x112... I’m saying look at the physical wheel you have to confirm that you have the 5x112 you purchased as the blqs come in 5x114.3 also and you can physically bolt that to a car that’s 5x112 and without looking directly in the holes you cannot tell it’s off.

17Blk.Mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT

Also, I understand what you purchased was 5x112... I’m saying look at the physical wheel you have to confirm that you have the 5x112 you purchased as the blqs come in 5x114.3 also and you can physically bolt that to a car that’s 5x112 and without looking directly in the holes you cannot tell it’s off.

17Blk.Mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT

Where can I find the hub bore?