GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stickers in memory of jimlloyd40

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Hello fellow golfmkx kids.

Fast approaching is the 1 year anniversary of our friend in VW enthusiasm, a friend also sharing a passion for modifying cars to make them faster, and comrade in internet forum BS-ing. When Jim passed, his ex-wife was kind enough to relay something of an obituary for Jim for us to see, and in lieu of other usual memorial arrangements she suggested donations to some charitable organizations in his honor/memory (St Jude's or the AZ SPCA). A little bit ago i was talking to some fine folks about an idea I had to commemorate this milestone that makes us long for Literal Jim and his value-added contributions to the forum.

I will be making a donation this year to my own state's SPCA (edit: any animal shelter local to you is also cool) in Jim's name/honor. For anyone else who does the same (for their own state, or in AZ) I will send a special sticker I designed and had made up. Minimum suggested donation is $25, but do more or less as your means allow or as you so desire - but you have to donate something to get the sticker. I have 100 of these printed up and can reorder another round as needed.

I have set up the following webform to get an address to mail this to you. I promise to lose your address the moment I send this - you won't see a return address on the envelope, but the postal mark will be from somewhere in NH. I'd like to tabulate how much money we raised for this, so if you want to help with that please be sure to get a screengrab of your donation, redact your personal info as needed upload it to imgur as a private image and share the screengrab with me so i can keep a tally.

https://forms.gle/nqEc4dAY17AkkZoB9

To those about to offer to contribute to overhead costs on this:

tony-fuggedaboutit-300x199.jpg

Last edited:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Is SPCA an animal related thing? I'm bad with acronyms. If so, can i instead donate to the shelter i got my cat from to participate?

OP, good idea overall.

anotero

Autocross Champion
PS

Maybe I'm wrong, but i would ask Jay to move this thread to the general discussion section for more people to see.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Is SPCA an animal related thing? I'm bad with acronyms. If so, can i instead donate to the shelter i got my cat from to participate?

OP, good idea overall.
Exactly right. Your local shelter might even be the local SPCA.

Notably, SPCA and ASPCA are not the same thing.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Exactly right. Your local shelter might even be the local SPCA.

Notably, SPCA and ASPCA are not the same thing.
My local shelters have been involved in maltreatment and corruption scandals lately.

I got my cat from a shelter almost two hours away from home. I trust them because they make it obvious they care.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
First batch of stickers going out tomorrow afternoon, thanks to the 5 people who jumped on this right away.

And for those curious on the side, the long side if these stickers are 3", perfect for toolboxes and window glass alike.

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
If I donate to the Gates Foundation, will you send my sticker to Georgia?
🤭

I’ll find some worthy cause that would have made Jimbo proud.