GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Strange constant beeping noise under hood

kashak

Ready to race!
Sorry if in the wrong forum.
It started yesterday after my 2nd oil change (15k km). Most heard when idle or at stop, seems to fade at times and while driving. Really annoying...Gonna visit the dealer on tuesday since it's a long weekend. Anything serious? Covered by warranty?

Fully loaded '11 gti bought in december '10. APR Stage 1+ APR intake ST1+2

Here is a video, it can be heard quiet clearly towards the end, near the battery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frvEWw63c9A

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
It sounds okay to me but then again I hardly heard the beeping lol

El TexMex

Ready to race!
Honestly I couldn't hear it. I think I heard something around the :23 second mark, but it almost sounds like some bolt, nut or washer that's rattling.

kashak

Ready to race!
it's very high pitched that's why you might be having trouble hearing it. But it can get very loud on idle, even with closed hood...almost embarrassing :(

jasunto

Ready to race!
I thunk I hear beeping when I shut mine off, have to confirm. Definitely from under hood though.

kashak

Ready to race!
Yeah the beep when shutting off is different, but this high pitched signal-like noise (listen @ about 19 sec) is annoying as hell =/

ride106

Ready to race!
I have to agre with the others, the video was too hard to distinguish any other noises.

However, I have developed a noise on startup that lasts about 30 sec - 3 min depending on... I don't know what.

The best example I can come up with is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zko2Sxmq18k

My noise is more of a buzz, not a clean tone as in the video. I'm sure the pitch isn't exactly the same as that video.

As if it was a mix between the noise a mosquito makes when buzzing in your ear and the whine of a wall transformer (cell phone charger, laptop power, etc).

And my noise is more noticeable inside the cabin, not outside with the hood open. Noise disappears when the motor stops.

Been going for a few months. No adverse performance, so I've let it go. God knows a tech won't be able to hear a high pitched noise (I've met some that can't detect brake squeal).

To the OP, does that sound familiar?

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
I had that same thing happen to me, After i put my intake on i herd the beeping for like 2 weeks and it went away :iono:

PaulMK6GTINYC

Ready to race!
faulty engine breather valve? I had mine replaced with 400 miles on the engine...

PaulMK6GTINYC

Ready to race!
My car has been making some weird sound after I start the car. It's like an electronic whining nose that comes and goes every 5 seconds, and stops when the car warms up. It's more noticeable on colder days. Does anyone know what this could be? The noise sounds like its coming from behind the gauge cluster!

foobert

Passed Driver's Ed
I used to hear a faint repetitive beep when I shut the car off in my garage - duration of perhaps 10-15 seconds, almost sounded like my house alarm was arming (muffled, through the wall), and if the fan kicked on it wasn't audible. Didn't think much of it, chalked it up to the fuel pump doing something. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I haven't heard it since getting APR'd. Weird.

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
I took it to my dealer and said that a beeping sound was coming from under my hood when the car idles. They told me that it was my DV making the blow off sound. I said that wasnt the sound at all and they said they did not find anything and i can still hear it sometimes.