GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Oil tennis can get into the 280's. That's hot.

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

270 -280 is pretty common in Florida and hotter areas tracking with a tune. Some are seeing that with stock tune too. Follow the track threads and you'll see plenty of people hitting those temps.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
270 -280 is pretty common in Florida and hotter areas tracking with a tune. Some are seeing that with stock tune too. Follow the track threads and you'll see plenty of people hitting those temps.
I know that. My Ftfy was for typing oil tennis instead of temps. I bolded it per the rules of the forum. 😂

JackRabbitSLIM

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Ok..how about Ron Williams? 255 front, 215 rear in the civic last month, in Lincoln.
So, I messaged Ron on another forum. Here is his reply, haha.
1623192303203.png

bfury5

Autocross Champion
Stagger is happening, mostly out of necessity.

I had ordered a new set of 245s a few weeks ago, and TR called me this morning to say they wouldn't be able to fill it. Yokohama had committed to deliver 99 245s to TR, and last minute they re-committed to... 12. So my order basically got cut. TR had 3 255s left and 6 235s left in stock, so here we are with a 255/235 set.

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Stagger is happening, mostly out of necessity.

I had ordered a new set of 245s a few weeks ago, and TR called me this morning to say they wouldn't be able to fill it. Yokohama had committed to deliver 99 245s to TR, and last minute they re-committed to... 12. So my order basically got cut. TR had 3 255s left and 6 235s left in stock, so here we are with a 255/235 set.

18s or 17s?

I still haven't made a decision, and the tire availability issue is a huge hassle. 18's allow a 265/235 split, and I'm thinking the 265 might be worth it to get more rubber under the heavy front end doing all the work. That's one place we (GTIs) can do better than the Audi.

JackRabbitSLIM

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I got my pair of 265s mounted, still Falkens.

This is the front and rear fitment on 18x9 +45, both have a 5mm spacer. I had a little rubbing in the front when I crashed over some speedbumps in my neighborhood. My front fenders haven't been rolled at all. The clearance to the strut in the front is very tight with the 5mm. A 3mm might get it done but I'm not sure, it's that close. In the back, it pokes a bit but I didn't have any rubbing. My ride height is about 13 3/8" from wheel center to fender on both ends.

Overall, I'd say 265 square can be done at my ride height with the front fenders rolled. I'll be using 265 front 255 rear this weekend.
PXL_20210615_212206469.jpg
PXL_20210615_214057123.jpg

JackRabbitSLIM

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Also, the SuperPro 22mm rear bar showed up today so I'll be trying that too. Going softer than my current 034 bar.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I got my pair of 265s mounted, still Falkens.

This is the front and rear fitment on 18x9 +45, both have a 5mm spacer. I had a little rubbing in the front when I crashed over some speedbumps in my neighborhood. My front fenders haven't been rolled at all. The clearance to the strut in the front is very tight with the 5mm. A 3mm might get it done but I'm not sure, it's that close. In the back, it pokes a bit but I didn't have any rubbing. My ride height is about 13 3/8" from wheel center to fender on both ends.

Overall, I'd say 265 square can be done at my ride height with the front fenders rolled. I'll be using 265 front 255 rear this weekend.
View attachment 216736View attachment 216758
Falken RT660’s?

bfury5

Autocross Champion
18s or 17s?

I still haven't made a decision, and the tire availability issue is a huge hassle. 18's allow a 265/235 split, and I'm thinking the 265 might be worth it to get more rubber under the heavy front end doing all the work. That's one place we (GTIs) can do better than the Audi.
17s, so max I can get is a 255. I'd be chasing a 265 if I didn't want to run the yoks, but they need a bit more rim than others.