GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

stretching tires

NickMk61

Ready to race!
hey guys, i just wanted to know if anyone has any preference as to which tires are better for stretching while also remaining reliable. i know that some tires don't stretch as well as others.. and when i take my wheels down to get fitted, id like to have some knowledge of what they're putting on.

i have some new wheels coming in (18x9.5) and i plan on running 215 tires all around.

anyways, lemme know what you guys think! thanks!

Sawwuce_Bawse

Ready to race!
stretching tires is too dangerous and no one should ever do it, also camber is horrible, and dont stagger on a fwd car. lol

anyway, 215/40 should be ok depending on how deep the center drops

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
stretching tires is too dangerous and no one should ever do it, also camber is horrible, and dont stagger on a fwd car. lol

anyway, 215/40 should be ok depending on how deep the center drops

I enjoyed this.

Falken ziex 512 if you can find them in your size. They can be found on ebay still but sizes vary. I run Achilles ATR Sports. They stretch okay but not nearly as well as the 512s. They're also a little noisy but at around $365 shipped for four 215/40/18 they're worth a shot.

zee

Go Kart Champion
What is your 18x9.5 offset and how do you plan to fit it in front? FTG? Static or air?

Just asking as you seem like a noob when it comes to wrong fitment of wheels and tires.

NickMk61

Ready to race!
What is your 18x9.5 offset and how do you plan to fit it in front? FTG? Static or air?

Just asking as you seem like a noob when it comes to wrong fitment of wheels and tires.

yeah im a terrible noob :/ i just go off of what i read and what others tell me.. but hey im trying! :D

ill be static on fk silverlines, not sure my FTG sry.. but theyre wound all the way down in the front..

offset is +38 and the guy i was talking to about the 9.5 in the front said that it would fit without any problems as he was running the same setup that im looking at.. :S

NickMk61

Ready to race!
i would suggest a 205 for up front. 215 in the back should be a great fitment.

okay when i get my wheels ill take them down to discount tire and see what theyve got :D but any preference on brands? im not exactly looking for the cheapest tire.. i dont mind spending a little extra so long as it means it will fit and be reliable.. i just want to have some names in mind so i know which will be the best.

GMP Performance

Ready to race!
yeah im a terrible noob :/ i just go off of what i read and what others tell me.. but hey im trying! :D

ill be static on fk silverlines, not sure my FTG sry.. but theyre wound all the way down in the front..

offset is +38 and the guy i was talking to about the 9.5 in the front said that it would fit without any problems as he was running the same setup that im looking at.. :S

You may need a small spacer to clear the strut up front. An ET35 BARELY cleared when I had 9.5's up front with airlift struts, fk struts might have a bit more clearance though.

NickMk61

Ready to race!
You may need a small spacer to clear the strut up front. An ET35 BARELY cleared when I had 9.5's up front with airlift struts, fk struts might have a bit more clearance though.

i have 10mm & 15mm spacers that im running with my detroits atm.. but these new wheels require wobble bolts, and they dont offer an extended version of the bolt.. if it comes down to me absolutely needing to, ill get the wheels redrilled and use the extended lugs that i have with my spacers right now.

Deák

Passed Driver's Ed

215/35-18 on 9.5" rims

Check out http://www.tyrestretch.com/