GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Strictly Subies.

Sterling

Steel Tip
i can't believe that the ad's went through.... cause if anything, they're the one's faking fast...

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
auto-reply: But its interior is nicer....

It SHOULD say you can't fake Quick. Lets be real here.

Sterling

Steel Tip
auto-reply: But its interior is nicer....

It SHOULD say you can't fake Quick. Lets be real here.

hahaha exactly.

the subie delearship i bought my wrx from is also a vw one. they had an R there going for 40k. then there was an sti limited next to that for i think 38k.

yea. that makes sense.

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
exactly, I mean I got a WRX limited for ~10k cheaper than the R. and for $1050 I now have a car cable of crapping on it. Not to mention even with software the Golf R is going to struggle to keep up with a comparably modded WRX, STI? Forget about it.

Sterling

Steel Tip
exactly, I mean I got a WRX limited for ~10k cheaper than the R. and for $1050 I now have a car cable of crapping on it. Not to mention even with software the Golf R is going to struggle to keep up with a comparably modded WRX, STI? Forget about it.

couldn't have said it better :thumbsup:

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
again you guys are clearly looking over the interior.....

STI>WRX>Golf R>GTI
Jester/Sterling, what are your mods?
Ive been putting thought into a STI but have heard a few horror stories about mods and tunes not playing so nice and causing damage. You guys pro tuned or running a cookie cutter cobb map?

Sterling

Steel Tip
again you guys are clearly looking over the interior.....

STI>WRX>Golf R>GTI
Jester/Sterling, what are your mods?
Ive been putting thought into a STI but have heard a few horror stories about mods and tunes not playing so nice and causing damage. You guys pro tuned or running a cookie cutter cobb map?

i've only had my wrx for about 2 months. still breaking in the motor. once i hit the 1k break in period i'm going to go stage 1. i'm worried about ringland failure though. :yikes:

i'm pretty sure colin has a cobb sr intake / dp / stage 2 tune. not sure if he has any other motor mods.

Sterling

Steel Tip
i need to just buy a turbo back and go straight to stage 2. hahaha.

Sterling

Steel Tip
Agreed!!

Next on my list is the ProcessWest top mount, ECBS, and protune. Should drop that time and raise my trap.

dude. the PW TMIC looks so badass. i want that too. hahaha.

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
So is it true that for every mod, i.e. the, up pipe, ect its absolutely necessary to retune within a short amount of time?

And why haven't you guys touched your up pipe?. I remember changing out my buddies on his 02, and with that and a dp it was making a good amount of power.

Sterling

Steel Tip
So is it true that for every mod, i.e. the, up pipe, ect its absolutely necessary to retune within a short amount of time?

And why haven't you guys touched your up pipe?. I remember changing out my buddies on his 02, and with that and a dp it was making a good amount of power.

yup it's true

even with an intake you need to get a proper tune.

the ecu is not adaptive like the vw's. so you have high risk of screwing something up.

for the uppipe i think the huge benefit is throwing an EWG onto it.

plus. headers don't really do much with the stock turbo. the oem headers do well under 400hp. and people usually do the uppipe when they do the headers.

i'm also really new to the wrx stuff.. so take what i say lightly.

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
yup it's true

even with an intake you need to get a proper tune.

the ecu is not adaptive like the vw's. so you have high risk of screwing something up.

for the uppipe i think the huge benefit is throwing an EWG onto it.

plus. headers don't really do much with the stock turbo. the oem headers do well under 400hp. and people usually do the uppipe when they do the headers.

i'm also really new to the wrx stuff.. so take what i say lightly.

IC, is it common practice among you subie guys to switch out headers when you go big turbo? or do guys still switch out headers on stock turbos?

So from what I'm kinda getting from the forums is CAI/TBE/BOV/ and Tune are pretty much your Stage 2. Seems a lot of guys go this route and kinda stop once they hit that mark. at what point are does the motor need internals?