GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Strictly Subies.

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
any other subie guys wanna add in go for it. knowledge gain is always helpful if i decide to go this route.

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
There's a lot of varying info many things say stock intake and bpv are fine for stock turbo.

This. Theres basically two schools of thought in that the stock intake box and BPV are fine up to 350whp. And they probably are but I like the few extra ponies up top and improved throttle response of the intake. BPV won't be replaced until I destroy this one.

As for the up pipe issue, it's basically what sterling said. We could get may e 5-6whp out of it with a protune but the real advantage is going EWG which I'm no where near ready to do and probably don't ever.

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
What's the stock turbos limit, 400ish?

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
What's the stock turbos limit, 400ish?

400 Crank is probably the upper limit for the VF52, and I only say that because there are plenty of 322-350whp WRX's running around out there on 93. Some of the E85 guys are pushing the threshold at above 375whp but that is really maxxing that baby out and quite frankly pushing the limits of the stock block/lower end.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
400 Crank is probably the upper limit for the VF52, and I only say that because there are plenty of 322-350whp WRX's running around out there on 93. Some of the E85 guys are pushing the threshold at above 375whp but that is really maxxing that baby out and quite frankly pushing the limits of the stock block/lower end.

I'm not sure what turbo the 09 has (I'm guessing the VF52), but my buddy was pushing 320awhp on 93 with the Devin tune or whatever. Supposedly it should be putting close to 400awhp on E85. But, it's a ported stock turbo as well.

The other weak point besides the block/lower end is the stock clutch.:lol:

LuLzSeC

Ready to race!
I'm not sure what turbo the 09 has (I'm guessing the VF52), but my buddy was pushing 320awhp on 93 with the Devin tune or whatever. Supposedly it should be putting close to 400awhp on E85. But, it's a ported stock turbo as well.

The other weak point besides the block/lower end is the stock clutch.:lol:

Wrx or sti? 09 wrx had a itty bitty td04.
It's funny you say that about the clutch. My stocker started slipping about 2k miles before my piston took a shat.

Sterling

Steel Tip

Sterling

Steel Tip
Id be raging fo sho.

No you have a better reason to get it to a bodyshop :lol:

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
Wrx or sti? 09 wrx had a itty bitty td04.
It's funny you say that about the clutch. My stocker started slipping about 2k miles before my piston took a shat.

I was under the impression the 09 and up had the VF52, and the 08 had the TD04 since 09 was the power bump to 265bhp along with the introduction of the sedan.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2