GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Subframe clunk

demon342

Ready to race!
Anyone try this fix?

I ordered the 2 bolts for this and will try it on my R tonight or this weekend for my clunk issues. Figured the Mk5 is a closer platform to the Mk6 R than the Mk6 GTI

torga

Autocross Champion
I'd be interested to hear any changes. If all else fails, just do the dead set kit.

demon342

Ready to race!
get the deadset kit, ive had it my on my car for like 4 years and never clunked again.

Apparently my car already has that (Tyrolsport) from the previous owner, however its still clunking, might be the control arm bushings but wanted to try cheap to most expensive for fixes. Also when I did my oil change last weekend the bushings looked fine

torga

Autocross Champion
Have you visually confirmed the brass bushings down there? If your car actually has the dead set kit, check all the torques. If they all check out, your clunking should be coming from somewhere else.

demon342

Ready to race!
Have you visually confirmed the brass bushings down there? If your car actually has the dead set kit, check all the torques. If they all check out, your clunking should be coming from somewhere else.

I didn't notice honestly, my 2 goals while I was under there were to check the control arm bushings and to make sure I didn't crack the oil filter housing again. If I don't see the brass bushings then I'll install the 2 new bolts