GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Supra!

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Looks like an R35 had a baby with an Alfa 4C and that baby grew up to be a weeb.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
I think the biggest problem is that this is a "trophy car", with it's 2 seats and auto only transmission, built to compete with the Porsche Cayman / Boxster. Most people looking for that will spring for the badge cache of the BMW or Porsche and tuner types will skip it because of the cost until it's available used.

Also it's ugly. Horrendously so.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
Read somewhere its to start at roughly 50K and go up from there...a bit steep if you ask me...I know the Toyota dealer in the Automall I work at is getting a few. I guess I'll have to take a peek and drive one.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Looks like a Z4, which it is built on.
Biggest issue is 2 seats.
Hard to justify a car you can not haul people or things.
A persons 4th car maybe.

And will be costly for the tuner boys.

Its sold to be a sport coupe, not a family hauler.

I read somewhere they designed it to be easy to do a 2jz swap, but who knows what that will be like. I find it hard to believe people will want to buy a bmw supra since one of the major selling points of the original supras was the 2JZ platform

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Its sold to be a sport coupe, not a family hauler.

I read somewhere they designed it to be easy to do a 2jz swap, but who knows what that will be like. I find it hard to believe people will want to buy a bmw supra since one of the major selling points of the original supras was the 2JZ platform

Won't be any easier than a 2JZ swap into any modern BMW...that's just internet BS.

Mrc5z

Ready to race!
I like it, not that my opinion matters nor do I have $55K or whatever the mark up will be on it. The MKIV Supra is a legend that can never be re-created; it surpassed its previous successors and others in its era and future. Unfortunately, this current car will never come close IMO. I do think Toyota should have went with a different model name though, and there would be less back lash.

Who the hell is SHmeee and how do I get money like him??

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I think you’re all overlooking the fact that all the money went to some great causes and these may have been important to the buyer who likely has a great deal more money than the car cost, I’m sure that they are fully aware it’s not worth the price paid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk