GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tapatalk not working with this URL

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Since Tapatalk doesn't support the back-end this runs on, what other apps do for iOS, and which would you recommend? Using the phone's real estate/browser for a desktop platform is not ideal.

Thanks.

*Update: realized there was a similar thread on this already created*

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Yeah.... refreshing every time sucks

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Been actually over on VWVortex more lately because I can use it on the go as opposed to this.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
works fine in browser for me, even on-the-go. just an adjustment is all.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion

Genebaby

Go Kart Newbie
I only just joined here, she the VW family, and was trying to find this forum on Tapatalk.

I see that the site moved from VBulletin, which may still have an outdated mobile experience and clearly this software is better, but Tapatalk is very convenient, as has been noted.

I run a small forum myself, on PHPBB, which is free, runs great on mobile and is supported by Tapatalk.

I only use the free tier of Tapatalk and don't run any ads at all.

Hopefully one day this site can run on Tapatalk again.

joeyfrost

Ready to race!
I only just joined here, she the VW family, and was trying to find this forum on Tapatalk.

I see that the site moved from VBulletin, which may still have an outdated mobile experience and clearly this software is better, but Tapatalk is very convenient, as has been noted.

I run a small forum myself, on PHPBB, which is free, runs great on mobile and is supported by Tapatalk.

I only use the free tier of Tapatalk and don't run any ads at all.

Hopefully one day this site can run on Tapatalk again.
bump for this. I don't use mk6forums now anymore as its too cumbersome to sign in and follow things

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Most people like any change didn't like it at first but as they've gotten used to it I hear most people prefer this. If you use google chrome on your phone it will keep you logged in. The only thing this doesnt do that tapatalk did was provide push notifications. Other than that Xenforo seems to be way more functional.

torga

Autocross Champion
Most people like any change didn't like it at first but as they've gotten used to it I hear most people prefer this. If you use google chrome on your phone it will keep you logged in. The only thing this doesnt do that tapatalk did was provide push notifications. Other than that Xenforo seems to be way more functional.
Agreed. Wasn't a fan of the switch last year, but was fully on board within a month. I personally never utilized push notifications because I found them annoying. Email notifications were perfect, and still work the same way.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I'm on here so much, I don't even need notifications.

Just click new posts, open all those up that are appealing. Then check the alarm bell for any threads I'm following and open those up. That's it.

And love that it automatically takes you to the last post you read