GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Teaser Alert- Coming Soon-APR's Mobile Switching Application!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom@aptuning

VW Service & Performance
This is just too cool to keep completely secret, so after some prying and prodding at Saturdays distributor confrence i got the ok and I couldnt wait to get this info out to the public.

Coming soon, APR's EMCS switching app for mobile devices. This app will allow full EMCS manageability(normally done via the cruise stalk) through a compatible Android or IPhone/Ipod.

This will be the biggest thing to hit the VW/Audi chip tuning market since APR originally released EMCS switching a decade ago!

However this app will do far more then just switching. It will be available in free and pro versions which incorporate different levels of diagnostic functions such as fault code checking, high speed data logging, graphical gauge displays and performance data like 0-60mph and 1/4 mile times.

While all of these features individually are "old-hat" in the VW/Audi scene, combining them into one, easy to use mobile application is sure to be ground breaking.

We will be working closely with APR to hit the ground running with this product and have a projected release and availability is early summer. So keep on eye on here and our website as we will supply more information as it becomes available to us.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
OMFG ! This is flipping awesome! +1 on the I'm happy I went APR and have an iphone lol. When is the projected release? And will this incorperate the lock out code?

JP

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Me like! More info though! Hook up?

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com

tom@aptuning

VW Service & Performance
The form of interface is still being dicussed. As some you already know there are drawbacks to using bluetooth or wifi depending on the scenario.

For example using bluetooth for communication would prevent from using it for the cars radio/phone system, and also could present possible security issues.

The avenues being looked into are Wi-Fi, bluetooth, and wired, or a combinition of. The current plan is the standard version with connect to the OBD port where the pro will connect via CAN for the advance features and speed

Dirt Nasty

Go Kart Champion
This is Madness! Very Exciting. Good thing I have a Droid X!

Status
Not open for further replies.