GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The beauty of drive by wire

P

plac

im trying to get the whole point of that. are you showing that pressing the pedal almost an inch makes no reaction?

zee

Go Kart Champion
Try explaining that to a DSG owner. They'll still blame the tramsmission as being too slow when starting from a stop.

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
ya that kinda pisses me off. but i dont like that sprint booster thing either.

I don't trust that sprint booster either because it's not how deep I was tapping it (that sounds weird), I think when you do it in rapid successions the computer just doesn't detect it.

It can be replicated easily, start driving at the minimum speed (5 mph) let off the gas pedal for a couple of seconds and start tapping it, you can almost floor it and nothing will happen.

I think this is was what some called the 'dead zone' in our cars.

Last edited:

Clempson13

Ready to race!
i have the APR flash and i know not what this dead zone is. seriously. i was so glad to get rid of the "lag"

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
i have the APR flash and i know not what this dead zone is. seriously. i was so glad to get rid of the "lag"

Most of my lag was gone after the APR flash, I remember it was really frustrating when I didn't have it, even to the point where one day I almost had an accident (car is coming at me, I floor it, my car doesn't move at all for more than a second). After the flash everything was a lot better but I guess some of the physical limitations of the drive by wire system are still there and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Last edited:

burtomr

Go Kart Newbie
Hmmm? Maybe...

...I guess some of the physical limitations of the drive by wire system are still there and there's nothing that can be done about it.

I have DSG with a Sprint Booster and it definitely eliminated all my throttle dead zones. Mine has two settings: 'No Lag' and 'Brutal'. 'No Lag' took a little while to get used to, but now pedal throttle reaction time is much better. If anything I have to be careful to pedal gently from a stop or instant wheel spin. 'Brutal' is great on the freeway but useless around town. IMO either setting totally eliminated gas pedal dead zones. Although I am sure alot of you guys (plac) wouldn't like it cause your cars will make frightening horsepower noises since your car accelerates faster relative to your foot on the gas pedal. Yes, I know it doesn't make any more horsepower, it just happens sooner pedal wise. It definitely makes the car more responsive and eliminates most or all the pedal lag.

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
I have DSG with a Sprint Booster and it definitely eliminated all my throttle dead zones. Mine has two settings: 'No Lag' and 'Brutal'. 'No Lag' took a little while to get used to, but now pedal throttle reaction time much better. If anything I have to be careful to pedal gently from a stop or instant wheel spin. 'Brutal' is great on the freeway but useless around town. IMO either setting totally eliminated gas pedal dead zones. Although I am sure alot of you guys wouldn't like it cause your cars will make frightening horsepower noises since your car accelerates faster relative to your foot on the gas pedal. Yes, I know it doesn't make any more horsepower, it just happens sooner pedal wise. It definitely makes the car more responsive and eliminates most or all the pedal lag.

I definitely wouldn't want that on my car. It just behaves so erratically. Sometimes on first gear (MT) I push the pedal a liiiitle bit and it surges forward like a rebel horse. Sometimes I push it like in the video and nothing happens. f*kng computers :mad0259: (both of these when the car is barely advancing, when driving at the minimum speed allowed on 1st gear). Seriously the other day I almost crash into somebody, it was a small hill going into a shopping mall, cars were in line, instead of riding the clutch I just kept it on first and kept advancing, cars moved and i gave it a little gas, the car advanced like crazy and I had to stomp on the brakes.