GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The house has been getting a lot of attention due to Covid. I pressure washed, ripped out some old bushes that looked awful, put in some new plants, new mulch, some pretty ceramic house numbers, new lighting fixtures for the outside of the house, (they were all 20 years old), repainted the front door and shutters from black to a dark blue, added some nice planters that tie in color wise and had someone trim the trees for hurricane season. Looks like a new house. Now if everyone could just wear masks, that would be great....I'm sick of this BS.

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Beautiful fence. PVC? I want to tear down our chainlink from the 70s and do something a little more pleasant to look at but one side is owned by my neighbor since his house was built prior to mine and he doesn't care anything about aesthetics and so that's a no go. Unless of course I want to put my fence inside of his but that will just look stupid and I'll lose yard.

If the shared fence with your neighbor has the fence posts on your side of the mesh, then it’s likely your fence. Fencing laws (yes that’s a thing) and norms place the posts toward the owner, and the flat “pretty side” toward others. Unless you are trying to get him to foot part of the bill, then good luck!

I have no fences, one neighbor does, 6’ black coated chain link. We talked and I planted Boston ivy along the wire to fill it all in. Next is 8 cypress trees to block view between his and my house.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
The house has been getting a lot of attention due to Covid. I pressure washed, ripped out some old bushes that looked awful, put in some new plants, new mulch, some pretty ceramic house numbers, new lighting fixtures for the outside of the house, (they were all 20 years old), repainted the front door and shutters from black to a dark blue, added some nice planters that tie in color wise and had someone trim the trees for hurricane season. Looks like a new house. Now if everyone could just wear masks, that would be great....I'm sick of this BS.

Removed bushes you say!!?

Wife and I pulled some buckthorn a couple weekends ago.

CFFEB84D-16F6-4FD7-B813-1B76D84F402B.jpeg

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
If the shared fence with your neighbor has the fence posts on your side of the mesh, then it’s likely your fence. Fencing laws (yes that’s a thing) and norms place the posts toward the owner, and the flat “pretty side” toward others. Unless you are trying to get him to foot part of the bill, then good luck!

Didn't know this. Whoever designed my neighborhood thought it was a good idea to alternate fence into 6' segments. Makes mowing a bitch. I would have gladly taken all the posts on my side instead and give the neighbors the "pretty" side.

wood-fence-alternating-white-vertical-planks-side.jpg

Corprin

Autocross Champion
ROFL. Who the fuck does that!!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
It's the best way to not favor a neighbor. Fortunately in Phoenix they use block walls for privacy between neighbors so you can paint your side or not.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
So 8 of my 11 other colleagues received their furlough papers last week. Things are starting to get hairy around here. I think I picked a wrong time to purchase the R......