GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Are we headed to the next depression after unemployment ends?

Unfortunately I’d suspect we’ll have a lot of foreclosures after all the assistance runs out.

Hopefully we bounce back stronger than ever and in a timely fashion so that’s not the case, but being realistic the effects of some many businesses slow or closed will eventually catch up with people

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
I think the economy is going to bounce back faster than most people think it will. The Dow Jones index is still above 27,000 which is amazing considering the terrible hit our economy has taken. Unfortunately some jobs are lost forever as many small businesses haven't survived.

Apple has promised 350 billion in new jobs etc in the US over the next 5 years and another example is Taiwanese chip manufacturer is building a 12 billion chip manufacturing plant in Phoenix after agreeing to stop supplying Chinese company Huawei with chips. There's other examples but you get my point.

For the US once C19 is under control it's imperative that people don't act recklessly to keep the virus from exploding again.

The biggest tragedy of course is the loss of life for over 600,000 and people worldwide so far.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I think the economy is going to bounce back faster than most people think it will. The Dow Jones index is still above 27,000 which is amazing considering the terrible hit our economy has taken. Unfortunately some jobs are lost forever as many small businesses haven't survived.

I've been watching a lot of stuff the last few months. Seems to me like the money is going to these larger companies as a "safer" investment. Many other individual stocks haven't recovered nearly as much, if at all. It could be a not so happy ending for some people. I mean who would have thought it was a good idea to jump on Hertz rental car? I dropped in on an Edward Jones conference call today, was a bit disappointed. Just the typical damage control message, and now is the time to invest more. No mind blowing advice to be had..

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
I've been watching a lot of stuff the last few months. Seems to me like the money is going to these larger companies as a "safer" investment. Many other individual stocks haven't recovered nearly as much, if at all. It could be a not so happy ending for some people. I mean who would have thought it was a good idea to jump on Hertz rental car? I dropped in on an Edward Jones conference call today, was a bit disappointed. Just the typical damage control message, and now is the time to invest more. No mind blowing advice to be had..

Confused by "who would have thought it was a good idea to jump on Hertz rental car". They're not doing so good right now are they?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Might as well invest in Sears.

Anybody gone blind yet from bad hand sanitizer?

Might as well buy my stock instead of Sears. Hard to believe at one point in history Sears was number 1 and K-Mart was number 2 in retail sales then they merge and are about gone. Hard to believe kids are drinking hand sanitizer. I was a stupid kid but I wasn't ignorant.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Might as well buy my stock instead of Sears. Hard to believe at one point in history Sears was number 1 and K-Mart was number 2 in retail sales then they merge and are about gone. Hard to believe kids are drinking hand sanitizer. I was a stupid kid but I wasn't ignorant.

FDA has a list of ones that contain methanol

JC_451

Autocross Champion
The Dow and how the health of the economy affects individuals are in no way connected.

Most people do not have substantial investment in the stock market so they do not benefit at all from it ballooning.

Wages are what effects the largest amount of people and most raises do not keep up with inflation.

Last edited:

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Wait people are drinking hand sanitizer now?

Yes I live under a rock, I don't watch the news, I don't go out of the house unless needed.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Wait people are drinking hand sanitizer now?

Yes I live under a rock, I don't watch the news, I don't go out of the house unless needed.

Yep. And putting bleach on their food. People are dumb.