GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
At least weed is legal, mostly. I'm set for a couple months.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
At times like these, I wish I had something better than an xbox 360...FML

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
The roads are pretty dead on Long Island. Rush hour is non-existent.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Nobody in the US is staying home. My job is essential so I have to work regardless, but the roads are literally just as busy as always. Everything that’s still open is absolutely packed, so essentially nothing has changed at all other than our economy tanking.

Best news I’ve heard all day is the bans might be lifted after 15 days, which were now half way through.

Must be your state. In Arizona there are many restrictions and businesses closed but traffic is down dramatically. I drive for a living and the traffic is about what we would have on a major holiday. Even the grocery stores are getting slower.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Quoting the Princess Cruise Ship for infection numbers is ridiculous...those ships are notorious for spreading infections when there isn't a pandemic. A captive audience. All the data suggests 2 or 3% fatality for the virus, and this is mostly elderly or those with comorbidity. The flu kills more every year and no one bats an eye. Turn off CNN.
There are reports the flu vaccine is making people more vulnerable to coronavirus. It's about 3% effective anyway with side effects.
Look at the MSDS for thimerosal, you don't want to inject it. Truth be told, the flu shot gave me a blood disorder and renal failure.
I had to go through chemo and a stem cell transplant. Trust me when I say I've researched for countless hours. A simple google search or news article doesn't even scratch the surface.

Facts dont care about your feelings kiddo.

torga

Autocross Champion
My parents and the wife's were/are the same way. They had/have the attitude that they're old and they're going to do whatever they wanted.
Same with my parents. My dad get his news from memes and onion articles. Quite frustrating
My grandpa legitimately thinks this is a democrat hoax to discredit Trump; he gets all his news from Fox. I'm like, dude... people are dying - this is real.
And my dad took "doing whatever he wanted" to the extreme and is now stuck in Peru for two weeks because they put the country on lockdown while he was there. He learned a hard lesson.

Nobody in the US is staying home. My job is essential so I have to work regardless, but the roads are literally just as busy as always. Everything that’s still open is absolutely packed, so essentially nothing has changed at all other than our economy tanking.

Best news I’ve heard all day is the bans might be lifted after 15 days, which were now half way through.
Hate to be that guy, but 15 days *for now.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
My grandpa legitimately thinks this is a democrat hoax to discredit Trump; he gets all his news from Fox. I'm like, dude... people are dying - this is real.
And my dad took "doing whatever he wanted" to the extreme and is now stuck in Peru for two weeks because they put the country on lockdown while he was there. He learned a hard lesson.

I agree. The curve of infected people is almost straight up right now in the US and will probably stay that way as testing confirms more cases. I think restrictions will be extended and expanded before the curve starts to decline. In Arizona confirmed cases doubled in one day. Still a low amount compared to other states but doubling in one day is disconcerting to say the least.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

You’re not being that guy, that’s the most likely outcome. I’m just being overly optimistic and hoping for the best.

Regardless we’ll rebound from this if it’s weeks or months away nobody knows.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
You’re not being that guy, that’s the most likely outcome. I’m just being overly optimistic and hoping for the best.

Regardless we’ll rebound from this if it’s weeks or months away nobody knows.

I think optimism is a good thing at this junction. So much doom and gloom lately, and being in some degree of lockdown adds to it.

I've been trying to make a point to enjoy spending time with the family. We've gone for a family walk almost every night, and I let my 6 and 8 year old girls wash my car. I think I successfully taught them the two bucket technique, but they did a shitty job washing it lol.