GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
I still have my old Frog, Monster Beetle, and Top Cat from back in the day. I've been meaning to get them going again...

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
You guys suck. I had an RC Car my folks got me for Christmas back in like 1987. Now I want something to F around with in the backyard :(

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I had one sometime in high school. Little nitro car that went maybe about 60 mph. Seems like something little broke on it every time and I always had a hell of a time getting it started. It was fun as hell when it worked though. I'd build little ramps and it was amazing how well that thing would fly threw the air. I don't think I ever even crashed it, it always landed so well on all 4 wheels.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
You guys suck. I had an RC Car my folks got me for Christmas back in like 1987. Now I want something to F around with in the backyard :(

Do it! There are tons of cheap RTR vehicles on banggood and other sites now. Everything is all 2.4ghz too, so no more messing around with 27 mhz AM/FM transmitters and crystals and stuff.

I have a 1/18th scale crawler ordered to crawl around indoors, a 1/10th scale crawler I use on our walks, a 1/10th scale touring car I'm rebuilding, and a 1/10th scale stadium truck I am hunting for parts to see if I can get running again.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I had one sometime in high school. Little nitro car that went maybe about 60 mph. Seems like something little broke on it every time and I always had a hell of a time getting it started. It was fun as hell when it worked though. I'd build little ramps and it was amazing how well that thing would fly threw the air. I don't think I ever even crashed it, it always landed so well on all 4 wheels.

Nitro is cool and all, sounds, smells, rips... But the electric is crazy now especially just for F'n around. There's almost too much torque, but you can hook up to it and program the speed controller how you want it among other things. And with the lithium batteries the run time is wayyyy longer. I had a guy tell me that nitro 1/8th was like the F1 of RC.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Do it! There are tons of cheap RTR vehicles on banggood and other sites now. Everything is all 2.4ghz too, so no more messing around with 27 mhz AM/FM transmitters and crystals and stuff.

I have a 1/18th scale crawler ordered to crawl around indoors, a 1/10th scale crawler I use on our walks, a 1/10th scale touring car I'm rebuilding, and a 1/10th scale stadium truck I am hunting for parts to see if I can get running again.

What kind of crawler. I’ve got an SCX-10 Deadbolt RTRbfrom like 5yrs ago. Way more fun then a cracked out buggy imho.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
What kind of crawler. I’ve got an SCX-10 Deadbolt RTRbfrom like 5yrs ago. Way more fun then a cracked out buggy imho.

Nice! I kind of wish I just got an RTR SCX-10. I ended up spending way more money building a kit. :censored:

I just built a Gmade GS02 kit:

I also ordered the HobbyPlus LC18 for $110 with 3 additional batteries.

Buggies/truggies and all are fun, but if you want to have any fun with them they need to be crazy fast, which leads to broken parts and shorter battery run times. With the GS02, I just pop in a 4000 mah lipo and carry a spare in my backpack and get 1+ hour out of each lipo. It's great for walking around.

I had the original Axial AX10 back when they came out in '09, then converted that to a scaler. Also had an RC4WD TF2, but RC4WD kits are pretty crappy for the price they charge.

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
I was into buggies back in the day, then when I was restricted under Art.15, a friend went and bought/delivered me a AWD touring car. In Japan I built it as my drifter, that was fun a while.

Then I got this thing...

View attachment 171399

It’s got a bunch of mods and it keeps me from spending all my money building a real truggy.
Nice! Another “RC” dude in da house. I used to race 1/10 off road a lot back in the early 90’s then got back into it in 2010 and raced a few more years. Now I just drive for fun. This was delivered to me on Friday....

48817D30-2276-4470-AB85-C3E2E21FCFF1.jpeg

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Do Tyco R/C cars count? :ROFLMAO:

That's what I had, geez, like 30 years ago now

Dude!! That’s like 27v of TURBO POWERERRR pictured there!

Those commercials got me as a kid. My first big scale was a RadioShack Golden Arrow that would smoke the doors off my friends Grasshopper. Would piss him off to no end.

I agree with you @Raguvian, the scalers are more fun than the buggies. I even geared mine down a bit to give it more control on the tough stuff. My drifter can play on beautifully smooth ground... tennis courts are a plus. But that SCX-10 can go anywhere in the back yard or my parent’s property. I can sit on the patio and turn my landscape into the toughest rock garden on the planet. Meanwhile my real Tacoma sits with only a 2” lift and no excessive body damage from me keeping things mild.

Wife is thankful.

It’s geared down, has a second front bumper grafted to the rear, aluminum drag links, offset 4-link front and rear, bronze axle tubes, battery relocation, motor/trans flip, metal trans gears, and some other minor tweaks here and there.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
I thought I was the only one into RC.

I got a Arrma kraton V3 6s, with a hobbywing max8 in it, a Arrma talon V3 thats stockish, Axial yeti, an old Redcat Volcano, and a 4x4 slash vxl. Shits addictive. I haven't played with them in months. Today might be the day.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So back to working from home. It's the same freaking guy that forgets to close shared documents every time, then doesn't answer PM's.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
So back to working from home. It's the same freaking guy that forgets to close shared documents every time, then doesn't answer PM's.

I want to kick that dude in the dick. Every day.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion

Gotta love it. I used to have a couple things like that, or something with a limited number of logins. Then you're trying to figure out which genius didn't log out/close doc.