GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

gtg223x

Passed Driver's Ed
Since quarantine I've done:
- Stratified ECU Tune
- Flat black VW emblems
- Blocked off the passenger side intake hole to the engine bay (cant remember official name)
- K&N drop in filter w/ snow guard removal
- Eibach 25 mm rear sway bar with Moog Endlinks
- Lower DogBone Mount, i have the upper it was too annoying to get in so i got pissed and stuck with just the lower
- Baun Performance FMIC

Already have
- tint
- performance package

So what should I do next? :-D

Options I can think of:

Downpipe is possibly in my future, I have both emissions and i drive the wife daily to account for though.
- If I do this I'd prob update my tune too
DSG tune - really have little interest in doing this, im fine with the shift points for the most part
Eventually tires - have to wait until i burn through these :-/

Or should I just say F'it adn go IS38 or hybrid lol

It would be nice to have something that takes some time to do, maybe a half day if i really take my time.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Since quarantine I've done:
- Stratified ECU Tune
- Flat black VW emblems
- Blocked off the passenger side intake hole to the engine bay (cant remember official name)
- K&N drop in filter w/ snow guard removal
- Eibach 25 mm rear sway bar with Moog Endlinks
- Lower DogBone Mount, i have the upper it was too annoying to get in so i got pissed and stuck with just the lower
- Baun Performance FMIC

Already have
- tint
- performance package

So what should I do next? :-D

Options I can think of:

Downpipe is possibly in my future, I have both emissions and i drive the wife daily to account for though.
- If I do this I'd prob update my tune too
DSG tune - really have little interest in doing this, im fine with the shift points for the most part
Eventually tires - have to wait until i burn through these :-/

Or should I just say F'it adn go IS38 or hybrid lol

Going bigger turbo is up to you but I would definitely get the DSG tune. I guarantee that you will wonder why you waited. It makes that much of a difference.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
1592239736655.gif

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
Maybe RC cars have been beat into the ground on this thread, but I'll post my latest project anyway. I plan on taking my time with this, going for as much model/scale realism as I can. If it takes a month or two before I drive it, that's OK.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Food costs have gone up significantly too.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I wish I could relate, I’ve been busier than ever lol.

Our neighbors teamed up with us to build a privacy fence around our backyard(s) to block out the state route on my side (white house) and the mini junkyard the next house down from their house (tan).

Since that didn’t sound like enough to take on we also tackled the neighbors patio

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Beautiful fence. PVC? I want to tear down our chainlink from the 70s and do something a little more pleasant to look at but one side is owned by my neighbor since his house was built prior to mine and he doesn't care anything about aesthetics and so that's a no go. Unless of course I want to put my fence inside of his but that will just look stupid and I'll lose yard.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Maybe RC cars have been beat into the ground on this thread, but I'll post my latest project anyway. I plan on taking my time with this, going for as much model/scale realism as I can. If it takes a month or two before I drive it, that's OK.

Awesome! What kit is that? RC4WD? Keep us updated! I love the scale realism stuff but end up beating on my stuff too hard to have any of the realistic stuff last lol.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Beautiful fence. PVC? I want to tear down our chainlink from the 70s and do something a little more pleasant to look at but one side is owned by my neighbor since his house was built prior to mine and he doesn't care anything about aesthetics and so that's a no go. Unless of course I want to put my fence inside of his but that will just look stupid and I'll lose yard.

Thanks I’m really happy with how it came out! It’s super easy to install DIY too, outside of digging in the ridiculous red clay we have here (tore up my auger, had to rebuild the hoop it mounts to completely and still need to cut the bent gearbox mount off and rebuild it).

The fence itself is PVC and surprisingly made in America, we spent around $2500 each from Lowes. The vertical slats are all individual & free floating so it just goes together like legos and can easily change with the fall of the land.

Depending on how your neighbor keeps up with his yard and how much time you spend out there it might be worth it. Personally blocking the view of the road was worth every penny and I feel a lot better about my wife and kids spending the majority of every day out there. I do plan to continue fencing in the rest, but with cheaper methods in the back for kid and dog containment lol. Our dogs passed away, but family and friends still regularly bring theirs over and it’s nice to not worry what they’ll get into (especially the red clay muddy mess around my shop).

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
I could suggest some things you could do in the yard that will make your neighbor wanting that fence. 😂

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
Awesome! What kit is that? RC4WD? Keep us updated! I love the scale realism stuff but end up beating on my stuff too hard to have any of the realistic stuff last lol.
It's a Redcat Gen 8 (Chassis only). It was pre-assembled, but of course I took everything apart, checked out the internals, and re-assembled. The hard body is some unknown brand from Amazon. Lots of work with a dremel (both body and chassis parts) needed to get it to fit. It's still not where I want it yet - I'd like it to be another 1/4" lower on the frame.

I don't plan on driving it hard. I bought a 55-turn brushed motor and will get a cheapo ESC for it. My guess is it'll go about 4mph max ;)

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
It's a Redcat Gen 8 (Chassis only). It was pre-assembled, but of course I took everything apart, checked out the internals, and re-assembled. The hard body is some unknown brand from Amazon. Lots of work with a dremel (both body and chassis parts) needed to get it to fit. It's still not where I want it yet - I'd like it to be another 1/4" lower on the frame.

I don't plan on driving it hard. I bought a 55-turn brushed motor and will get a cheapo ESC for it. My guess is it'll go about 4mph max ;)

Nice! What battery are you planning on running? 55T might be real slow. My Gmade GS02 with a 35T and a 2S was about 3mph. It was significantly faster with a 3S (probably about 5 mph) and WAY faster with the 2 speed transmission.

I just back-ordered a Castle Mamba X with a 2850kv sensored motor. I'm hoping for 15+ mph on 3S in 2nd gear. :D