GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Wait, you believe they contribute to nothing? Do you realize every single person in the states who work pay taxes? Do you realize most "Illegals" Can't actually have benefits such as welfare, unemployment, retirement, 401k? If you are going to use the well, they "reproduce", and to that, well, the kids are citizens and are entitled to have help, just like any other kid born in the states. It's an amazing privilege, which the parents who support them are responsible for. Statistically speaking, Look who is the most on government help, and that will give you a good estimate.

Crazy thing is that quite a bit of the people who are business owners, owners of hard labor, love to employ "illegals" and give them 0 benefits, pay them 10 bucks an hour, and don't offer them an ounce of support, all while they want them out because they don't pay taxes". How rude to believe a human being living in the states who is employed doesn't contribute. We all do.

Jake, i don't personally know you, and i was wrong for assuming you are like the rest. I would hope your mentality changes, as it is not somethings sustainable for the long term. Think of our children. Racism, discrimination is taught at home.

Illegals are normally paid cash, which was my direct experience.

When I built my shop the guys who put up the metal structure itself were all Mexican, from Mexico not natural born citizens. literally their first day on the job they got pulled over in the town I’m three miles from. They called and had me talk to the officers who said even though nobody in the truck had a license or any ID at all they’d let them go if I came and picked them up. The alternative was the truck would be impounded, they’d all sit in jail until paperwork could be produced. Mind you this was after 10pm after I’d spent all day working with them I drove my mk7 to a gas station about a 1/4 mile from where they were pulled over and drove them a half hour to their motel, then home in their truck, back at 6am to pick them up in the morning and then later got a ride to grab my mk7. So do I agree with them driving with no license no, but I’m compassionate and appreciate the LEO giving them a break. Had they simply played by the rules and had a drivers license wouldn’t thatve been better? Am I racist for saying that’s the better option? No. I’m not a racist so no my children will not be either. My son IS a minority at his school and has zero perception of what a racist would be or that they even exist.

Are you sure you’re not trolling?!? You can’t actually be serious about this.

I’m 100% serious, I’m not aware of any country you can just causally walk into and live/work there.

Granted I’ve only left the USA once and that was to Canada. My passport has never been stamped as the only place I’ve flown over water was PR and it was awesome there.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
I’m sorry, I had a pickarace friend once, therefore I am most certainly not racist!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Whole lot of blatant white privilege happening in this thread. (I'm white don't get all butthurt for me saying that)

Just waiting for the "I had a black friend once, I'm not racist" comment which is likely to happen soon. SMH

How so? What is white privilege exactly? Because when I get caught doing something I shouldn’t I get in trouble for it and pay a fine.

I mentioned having roommates because if I was racist would I live with a black and Mexican friend?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I’m sorry, I had a pickarace friend once, therefore I am most certainly not racist!

Serious how does this work? I’m racist until proven otherwise for being a Trump supporter?

Still waiting on your list of countries I can go stake my claim to, or is this just how you deflect from that?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Jake you're just as guilty as the illegal Mexicans for hiring them.

That story doesn't prove anything.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Jake you're just as guilty as the illegal Mexicans for hiring them.

That story doesn't prove anything.

I didn’t hire them, I paid the manufacturer for the building and that’s who they sent to put it up.

Would you get out of bed and spend a few hours keeping people out of jail you supposedly don’t like?

Also, why do I have to prove anything just because I’m a Trump supporter?

Who’s the racist here when I’m being attacked for my skin color and political views?

Last edited:

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
I didn’t hire them, I paid the manufacturer for the building and that’s who they sent to put it up.

Would you get out of bed and spend a few hours keeping people out of jail you supposedly don’t like?

I rest my case, Jake.

Have yourself and amazing rest of the day.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Don't get me wrong, that was really noble of you.

But you wanted them to "play by the rules" when you are basically subcontracting illegals and that's also not playing by the rules.

If we take this out to a crazy place you should have vetted the manufacturer to make sure they were going to send you a legal crew of workers. That's bonkers obviously, but if everyone has to play by the rules we don't get to exploit immigrants for cheap labor anymore. Cause that's illegal too.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Don't get me wrong, that was really noble of you.

But you wanted them to "play by the rules" when you are basically subcontracting illegals and that's also not playing by the rules.

If we take this out to a crazy place you should have vetted the manufacturer to make sure they were going to send you a legal crew of workers. That's bonkers obviously, but if everyone has to play by the rules we don't get to exploit immigrants for cheap labor anymore. Cause that's illegal too.

Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

How screwed up would that be if I’d sent them home and demanded a refund?

It’s not on me to play ruler of the land, but our elected officials sure can. Personally I think the solution is making it easier to gain full legal status so there’s zero reason not to. That would be much better than any wall or stupid thing like that.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Serious how does this work? I’m racist until proven otherwise for being a Trump supporter?

appeal to pity

Still waiting on your list of countries I can go stake my claim to, or is this just how you deflect from that?

moving the goalposts

Remember those fallacies I mentioned? Keep it coming though, I can do this all day.

And for the record, I’m absolutely falling on the fallacy of appeal to motive.:ROFLMAO:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

How screwed up would that be if I’d sent them home and demanded a refund?

It’s not on me to play ruler of the land, but our elected officials sure can. Personally I think the solution is making it easier to gain full legal status so there’s zero reason not to. That would be much better than any wall or stupid thing like that.

I think you did absolutely the right thing, you were their advocate when they had no other recourse. You probably saved them from getting seriously jammed up even though they were just here to work.