GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

bentin

Autocross Champion
Lol hopefully it doesn’t come to that, at least it’s early enough to grab some reserves just in case
Have you tried the "luck of the draw" from the grocery store? It's not much better than old newspapers. I miss the days of just being able to waltz in and grab some freakin' Charmin.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Have you tried the "luck of the draw" from the grocery store? It's not much better than old newspapers. I miss the days of just being able to waltz in and grab some freakin' Charmin.

No haha our biggest gripe with TP this whole time are only being able to find mega rolls...six rolls in one! But who honestly has a TP roll holder designed to fit that massive roll? The damn thing is smashed against the wall so it’s a two handed shuffling act to get some damn tickets off the roll 😂

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Chicago has plenty of ass paper, there was a shortage back in March but that was only 2 weeks or so.

The Carolinas have two seasonal shortages, opening day of Hurricane season and the first snow forecast for the year lol.

It’s like the end of the world every time, gas stations even sell out of fuel sometimes with no actual event (hurricane or snow) ever happening

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
No haha our biggest gripe with TP this whole time are only being able to find mega rolls...six rolls in one! But who honestly has a TP roll holder designed to fit that massive roll? The damn thing is smashed against the wall so it’s a two handed shuffling act to get some damn tickets off the roll 😂
I have at least 120 mega rolls here...trade you for an intercooler? :ROFLMAO:

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Name one country you CAN just walk right into.
Germany. Pretty much any country in Europe, especially on the smaller roads. Flying, on the other hand is a different story.

Do you realize every single person in the states who work pay taxes?
I realize it was already discussed, so I'll second the point regarding cash paid employees for small businesses. Most small businesses I've come across seem to run on cash employees, not W2s.

When I worked in Germany, I once drove about an hour into France before realizing I wasn't supposed to be doing 250kph anymore.
Yeah, half my family lives in the Rheinland-Pfalz area, so I am used to making a quick trip into France or Luxembourg for food, coffee or just a new view.

I don’t even want the dozen we have, but it beats the alternative lol
Not really- I've gotten used to the three seashells.

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
And so that I don't just address points and actually open myself up for ridicule of my own ideas, here's my ideal candidate for 2020:

Buttigieg.

He is the only candidate I know of that consistently spoke on the divide within this country. I feel like having someone in the White House that addresses both sides of America is the only way we can move forward. I mean, a candidate that campaigned for Obama, realized that many of the houses he was visiting was sending their kids to war, and they were not voting for Obama. So he joined the military to [I'm sure, further his career as well] see what the other side of nation felt like. While everyone was attacking each other, I feel like he was the only candidate trying to calm things down.

Oh, and I like Demolition Man. I watch i regularly. More as a parody of itself than some cinematic masterpiece. :ROFLMAO:

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
You're not wrong. We ran from Irma and that was the only hurricane in the 32 years we've been down here that we ran. Then when we got back it was like shit...we could have stayed.

Most of the spaghetti models show the orange one going to Mexico/Guatemala too. Texas might get both of them.
View attachment 180222
You trust this? My fat sharpie shows this will hit New Mexico.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
On the note of demolition man, my wife and I were struggling to come up with dinner the other night. Settled on Olive Garden, because reasons.

Called them up and there was a wait for reservations, they could fit us in at 9pm.

I said to my wife... “so this is how Taco Bell became the fanciest restaurant in SanAngeles”

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
On the note of demolition man, my wife and I were struggling to come up with dinner the other night. Settled on Olive Garden, because reasons.

Called them up and there was a wait for reservations, they could fit us in at 9pm.

I said to my wife... “so this is how Taco Bell became the fanciest restaurant in SanAngeles”

Sometimes you gotta throw caution to the wind and go TB.