GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

Phur

Autocross Champion
Another stupid amazon question, does anybody use the smile.amazon.com or no? I had selected american institute for cancer research and they've only got 40 grand. All charities combined 183 million.

We do.

bentin

Autocross Champion
You could afford your own personal isl....... oh shit.

Another stupid amazon question, does anybody use the smile.amazon.com or no? I had selected american institute for cancer research and they've only got 40 grand. All charities combined 183 million.
I use Smile for St Jude (we had a 12 week preemie) and they've received a little under $9M.

Nice that they recently updated the iOS app to support it.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
I actually got a market salary adjustment and a raise this year, very grateful for the company I work for. We were able to go 100% remote and everything still keeps flowing.

Still doesn't keep up with the inflation, but helps.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Went camping with the fam.

DF008B0B-01D9-41E6-91DC-9E5B66A159AF.jpeg

10 days in the Black Hills.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Spent the day surfing on Amelia Island with my wife. Beach wasn't crowded at Ft. Clinch. Afterwards, my wife and I drove to the little downtown area and it was full of tourists not wearing masks. Picked up take out on the way home in Jacksonville at a place in a very large outdoor mall, seems the local population are wearing masks. Didn't see anyone without s mask. Good day and it seems most people in the area are being smart. Now if we could just get the tourists to stop being stupid, that would be awesome.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
The week in news.

Went to the beach for the weekend. Condo cancelled due to system error 2 nights before going. Our CX9 AC broke down and I broke a finger night before we left (one may have led to the other). Had to rent a van. Wife got appendicitis last night we were there.

Got back and dishwasher and microwave stopped working.

But thankfully no Covid despite no one wearing a mask anywhere on the island

Good times.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
8 months in. I'm sick of working at home. Anyone else?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The week in news.

Went to the beach for the weekend. Condo cancelled due to system error 2 nights before going. Our CX9 AC broke down and I broke a finger night before we left (one may have led to the other). Had to rent a van. Wife got appendicitis last night we were there.

Got back and dishwasher and microwave stopped working.

But thankfully no Covid despite no one wearing a mask anywhere on the island

Good times.

My wife and I have the same kind of luck on vacation. Hope things get better.

Phur

Autocross Champion

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
How many people are still working remotely? I talked to my bro a couple weeks ago and he ordered himself a new home office rig. He still has to go in office tho

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
My wife and I have the same kind of luck on vacation. Hope things get better.

We laugh about it now. We seem to have a good time regardless of what happens.

8 months in. I'm sick of working at home. Anyone else?

Double edged sword for sure. Was at home for a bit and it was nice (no commute, got to see the family more, better lunches), but definitely had to go for a drive a few times a week just to reset.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
How many people are still working remotely? I talked to my bro a couple weeks ago and he ordered himself a new home office rig. He still has to go in office tho
I have friend that have been told that they're working remotely till at least next June...