GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Screenshot_20210420-191954.png

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Guys, it's not that hard.

He is both guilty of blatant disregard for human life and intentionally killing a man. Fuck that piece of shit.

No argument here. Just morbidly curious to see how they stacked the charges.

cb1111

Yeah, these are precisely the type of concerns I have. Plus filling taxes means you're creating a legal record of your illegal activity and reporting it to the government. In theory, at any time, an AG could just decide "we're going to pursue this now" and all these investors would be in deep shit.
I think it is unlikely that there will be prosecutions, but you never know - just look at what the WH did in removing staffers who fessed up.

Of course, if you are a major investor and there is some sort of an issue, then you might be in trouble.

cb1111

Would need a lawyer type to chime in. I would just assume they get to take a swing at lower included offenses even if they can't make the top charge stick.

If the sentences for the lower charges run concurrent with the 2nd degree murder charge then it's irrelevant anyway.
He can only be sentenced on the most serious charge - so somewhere between 12 1/2 and 40 years.

Kind of unimportant, because he won't live long in jail.

zrickety

The Fixer

Corprin

Autocross Champion
He can only be sentenced on the most serious charge - so somewhere between 12 1/2 and 40 years.

Maybe the man will Epstein him?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

The guards will protect their own.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Interesting thought and something I legitimately worried about during the Trump administration (less so now, but still a concern):
If you buy shares of a company or their bonds, and their primary business is marijuana production and distribution, could you be prosecuted under federal law? It's still technically illegal to produce and sell under federal law and giving them money could be considered "providing material support to a criminal enterprise". If the money crossed state lines, let's say I live in Delaware and pick a company in Colorado, that puts me squarely into federal jurisdiction.
Don't worry about it they won't prosecute.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
I get a disturbing amount of cars (definitely greater than before legalization) driving past me or in front of me reeking of weed here in MA.

Then again I see a lot of drunk drivers too...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Well, I'm thoroughly confused. How could he be guilty of second-degree murder, third-degree murder, and second-degree manslaughter when only one person died? Aren't they mutually exclusive?
He was tried on 3 different counts as opposed to one count and if found innocent on one count new charges would be filed on another count. That's just the way it works. Otherwise the trial would last far too long.

And the guilty verdict on all 3 charges run concurrently so Chauvin will face a maximum of 40 years in prison.