GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Of course the protests didn't bring about any changes though. Have you seen the current administration and the people that support them?
You're saying they didn't contribute in any way to Trump election defeat?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Tons of police departments were defunded and had their overkill equipment taken. A few others rewrote how the unions can interact on behalf of the cops. Etc.
Taking away their money wasn't really what I wanted to see from it. Maybe not completely against it though, at least depending on the department and the area, but I wanted to see more training. I don't see anything changing unless we can change how they're trained and the type of training they receive. It seems like a crazy thing to be against, but everybody chose to call it defund the police and treat it like that was the only issue at hand.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Taking away their money wasn't really what I wanted to see from it. Maybe not completely against it though, at least depending on the department and the area, but I wanted to see more training. I don't see anything changing unless we can change how they're trained and the type of training they receive. It seems like a crazy thing to be against, but everybody chose to call it defund the police and treat it like that was the only issue at hand.
Ends justified means. And protesting will always continue until things change. A tiny victory is still a victory

torga

Autocross Champion
More training is certainly the most meaningful way to solve these problems in the long term. Take the "systemic" out of systemic issues, and now you truly do have "just a few bad apples". With the way cadets get churned out now, there will always be batches of bad apples.

Defunding the police is not just a blanket "give them less money"; it's also about shifting responsibilities. Stop calling the police for wellness checks and shift that budget over to a non-emergency group that's better versed in escalation and psychological issues. Not every issue in a city needs a gun.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Republicans in the House still 100% Trump sycophants.

One after another they just keep getting up there apologizing for him and blaming the riots over the summer.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
You're saying they didn't contribute in any way to Trump election defeat?
I just meant, there weren't any bills or any kind of reform that brought about anything that'll change things. It might happen later, but all republicans wanted to do was force people to stop protesting. They didn't want to address the actual issues.

I don't think it changed anyones mind though. People already knew who they were going to vote for. I'm surrounded by republicans. All the protests did was give them more ammo for why they should hate the left and colored people, and why they should own a gun. They spent their summer watching clips of people attacking each other in the streets and every clip they watched made themselves or the cops out to be the victims. I don't know a single republican that has switched away from trump in the last 4 years.

I told my dad the other day he needs to learn how to criticize his own party. I haven't heard a thing from my parents during the capitol hill riots, but he spent so much time watching every clip he could find of the blm protests. He was complaining about someone that got in trouble for saying the word retarded and I'm just sitting there like, capitol hill was just attacked and you and mom are more concerned about not being able to say retarded or that the aunt jemima bottle is a white lady...Come the fuck on...I've also had to listen to my family fantasize about shooting people and running over protesters. My family has never had guns around. A bunch of them got guns this year.